1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

need some advice for my new babies

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by VOX, Oct 13, 2011.

1. VOX

VOX Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok all of you should know my baby pearl. anyways. i now have 8 ducks and 2 geese. Pearl and maggie love me and let me hold them. pearl i raised from hatching, that why she is so friendly, and maggie i bought from someone and i messed with her making her friendly. now my others are not friendly. they run from me [​IMG]. i can pick my african goose up( when i can catch her). how can i make them love on me? treats? i spend alot of time with all of them.

2. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Hi Vox, I can't really help you much, but I'm glad to see that Pearl is doing well. Didn't you also have a duck named Shadow and a silkie chicken, too? How are they?

3. KrazyKZ08

KrazyKZ08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Brevard, FL
    I have one like that too. i just really wish i had the ability to communicate with him and tell him everything is fine lol. he has improved a lot though. the first few weeks i had him, i wouldnt leave food out but i would hand feed him only. i cut zucchinis, cucumbers, hard boiled eggs, and tomatoes into little strips and would feed both of them a strip one by one. i dont know if he will ever be as social as my girl that i raised from a duckling, but he has improved drastically since i got him. it just takes a lot of patients...and food!! lol

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  4. VOX

VOX Chillin' With My Peeps

shadow was pulling pearls feathers out. so i had to get rid of him [​IMG] ive still got the silkie chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by