need some gender help

They both look like girls to me, too, but I think the whiter one is a second generation red sexlink. I have never seen one with that much white unless she was very very old.

they both look like girls to me....but i had one chicken they i was sure was a girl!......and the rooster snuck right out of her in about 10 weeks!!!

thanks everyone, i was told they're both sexlinks but cant always believe what everyone says lol. i dont care either way, they were free chickens and they were just living in a cat carrier so i took them in.

Quote:
I also have 2 red sex links, both supposed to be female ( and I am certain they are) one has much more light coloring, the other nearly all red with just a little white.

Just wait until they are all grown up!! They are both really beautiful. The lighter one has a nice puffy butt. It looks like she has a little petty skirty on.
big_smile.png

Well they look like girls to me.

Now if you want to make your own sex link. Get yourself a Del and a RIR. I won't bother to look to see which way they go, but when one is crossed with the other they are easy to tell apart. One will have the Del pattern the other will have the RIR pattern. Not sure which way, I just dont' want to look it up right now.

Rancher

I have eight gold sex linked chicks that Are six weeks old. They look just like yours and lots of variations in color, some are redder and some are white with red streaks. Oh and they were supposed to all be pullets, looked alike when I got them at 2 weeks old, but one now is white and for sure a rooster. Surprise! He is almost solid white. And has a big comb already! So I agree, yours are pullets.
smile.png

thanks, sexlinks are very sweet, i miss mine so when i saw these 2 i couldnt pass them up. they were also free, put them in the coop yesterday and they were so scared, i was hoping theyd come out and free range with everyone but nope, maybe they will today when i open the chicken door, the guy just had them in a small cat carrier. i cant separate them, they are so close. i pick one up the other comes running, so cute. another funny thing is i told they guy i was gonna get them with out asking my husband, and hubby didnt care lol. he was like where you going. i was like what do you think? he was like your getting more chicken, i smiled and said yup.

Back
Top Bottom