Need some hatching buddies - Hatching May 24-28

Quote:
Wow, you did good! First hatch..great job!
jumpy.gif
D.gif
bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I thought the same thing once I had my husband build mine about three weeks ago. I am now the mommy to 11 little fluffy butts, and still have more to hatch on the 9th and the 22 of may.

I got 13 out of 14 on Sunday. I had a pourous egg that did not hatch. The baby never pipped. I wonder if I should have helped it?

77123_chicks.jpg

Quote:
After dealing with this delaware chick that I helped out...I don't think I'll be helping anymore chicks. If they don't make it...they don't make it.

Quote:
After dealing with this delaware chick that I helped out...I don't think I'll be helping anymore chicks. If they don't make it...they don't make it.

That's what I was thinking, but I can't help but wonder. I heard it cherping loudly, but no pip. Then it just never progressed.
sad.png

I had to help 3 of my 11 out of there shells for they had gotten shrink wrapped for they had piped a hole and then not much else. They are all doing find, and there was some blood from the shell.

To help/assist or not...that is the question! Well...I helped mine...blood gushed..I freaked...it lived and is fine. HOWEVER...I think I'm with Stevenson on this....if they live it is great and if not I will assume it wasn't meant to be. Too traumatic for me. I think mine would have made it without my help and I don't plan to assist again. If it happens alot...then we have to ask ourselves if all the times we are opening and assisting(incubator) are increasing the risk of more problems with the loss of humidity and temps. Just my thoughts.

Got confirmation...2 breeders shipped eggs yesterday to me. I called the post office and asked that they call me when they arrive so that I can come pick them up...I don't want have them sitting in the post office or traveling in a postman's car any longer than absolutely necessary. I should have at least 36 eggs coming.

Cleaned my incubator today and even made some modifications to hopefully make things go a little smoother (it is a homemade incuabtor that I purchased from craigslist). I made a couple of modifications before the last hatch as well....getting it to where I want it to be!

Sensitive subject: When you lose one before they hatch do you do and "eggtopsy"? I saw someone posted a video on youtube of them doing it. (
hit.gif
) I've heard elsewhere that it's recommended to know what happened and what went wrong. Any opinions?

Back
Top Bottom