Need some hatching buddies - Hatching May 24-28

12 quackers set at 3:45pm in the classroom. Due June 2 the day before the students get out for the summer. That was also my grandma's birthday, and the day I went into basic training 30 years ago, so I thought that would be a good target date. 6 White Pekin, and 6 Runner! Thanks gofasterstripe!

I set 10 mixed eggs last night.....
big_smile.png
Finally after 2 days of trial and error to get the temps right. Its still a little not so perfect. Due the 24th.......or 25th.
pop.gif

My Delaware eggs arrived today....the others that are coming from California didn't make it....guess it is going to be 3 days delivery on them again. I am going to go ahead and put the dels in the incubator when I get home (they are resting now).

I set 12 guinea eggs Sunday so they are due the 29th. A girl from work gave me some eggs to incubate for her that are due this weekend.

I am also going to be setting some duck eggs this weekend. I won on e-bay 4 indian runner and 4 pekin duck eggs. The lady e-mailed me this morning and said she sent 16 eggs! Wow! Lots of extras. I am very excited. I really need to buy another incubator for hatching though since I am doing all these staggered hatches.

One of my egg shipments arrived today...the other will come tomorrow. Rats. The eggs I am waiting on were sent Tuesday from 3 hours away!!! Who would think it would take them 3 days for 3 hours!?
So..my eggs go in together tomorrow evening probably around 6 or 7 which will give the newest eggs about 12 hours of adjusting to the room temps and settling.

I think I am going to have to wait on my second set of eggs until tomorrow as well, but I am going to go ahead and put the first 12 in tonight anyway. I am not taking a chance on reducing their hatch rate. They may just have to stay in the incubator an extra day while the second batch hatches.

Did your eggs come with dates on them Stevenson?? My last eggs came with dates on each egg as to when it was collected. I liked that. These came with NO markings and I paid $100 for 12!! I really hope they do well!! I don't know which way to go is best(put in now and then tomorrow add the others or wait and put together at same time) but I guess whichever way seems best for us...is the way to go!

I am sure that these eggs were collected either Sunday or Monday, so they would be 3-4 days old. I am not concerned about how old they are, I just don't like the idea of reducing the hatch rate at all. If I lost one chick because I left them sitting out an extra day it would be disappointing (i know there would never be a way to know).

Put 12 Delaware eggs in the incubator tonight at 8:00 pm. I picked them up from the post office at 8:30 this morning and unpacked them and let them sit. Here's hoping for a great hatch!

Tomorrow I should get 24 more eggs from California...they are going to take 3 days to get here...but I should be able to get them first thing in the morning. They will go into the incubator tomorrow when I get home from work. This will mean that i'll have a bit of a staggered hatch, but I think it should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom