Need some help. Fighting!

blakeh1

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 29, 2013
Ennis texas
My Coop
My Coop
So I got 4 barred rocks and 2 gsl they are all 8 weeks. I recently found out that 1 of the br's was a roo so today I called the breeder and exchanged it for a gsl of the same age. All these birds were raised together.

So I get the new gsl home and let her out to free range with the other 5. All seemed fine, on occasional peck from "big mamma" as my daughter calls her( biggest br hen) but nothing major. They have been together since noon today.

But now when I introduced the new girl to the coop they are kicking her out and the same br is pecking at her constantly. She is off by herself now and I'm not sure what to do!

Help please. Do you think she will be ok if I put her in there and lock them up for the night. I don't have another coop only a dog kennel.

So I got 4 barred rocks and 2 gsl they are all 8 weeks. I recently found out that 1 of the br's was a roo so today I called the breeder and exchanged it for a gsl of the same age. All these birds were raised together.

So I get the new gsl home and let her out to free range with the other 5. All seemed fine, on occasional peck from "big mamma" as my daughter calls her( biggest br hen) but nothing major. They have been together since noon today.

But now when I introduced the new girl to the coop they are kicking her out and the same br is pecking at her constantly. She is off by herself now and I'm not sure what to do!

Help please. Do you think she will be ok if I put her in there and lock them up for the night. I don't have another coop only a dog kennel.

This is normal, they see her as the intruder, and are putting her in her place. Lock them up in the coop together once it's too dark for them to see. That way, when they wake up, they're all together. Try to let them out as early as possible, just to make sure she doesn't get picked on in the morning. It could take up to a week for them to accept her properly.

This is normal, they see her as the intruder, and are putting her in her place. Lock them up in the coop together once it's too dark for them to see. That way, when they wake up, they're all together. Try to let them out as early as possible, just to make sure she doesn't get picked on in the morning. It could take up to a week for them to accept her properly.
Yes, they have to sort it out themselves.

Back
Top Bottom