Need some help in going about this...

Things like this are why I failed geometry in high school (seriously) Even with the picture, are you saying put a pieces of wood under the roosts that are currently there and put the new roosts on top of the old roosts? forgive my ignorance

Fasten short pieces of wood to the existing supports then put the new roosts on top of the crosspieces. :)

Like a shelf sitting on shelf-brackets.

Fasten short pieces of wood to the existing supports then put the new roosts on top of the crosspieces. :)

Like a shelf sitting on shelf-brackets.
x2. Remove old roosts. Screw short pieces of wood to the existing slanted supports, they should be attached so they're parallel to the ground. The new roosts then sit on top of these short pieces, which means they'll also be parallel to the ground so the chickens are sitting flat on them.

x2. Remove old roosts. Screw short pieces of wood to the existing slanted supports, they should be attached so they're parallel to the ground. The new roosts then sit on top of these short pieces, which means they'll also be parallel to the ground so the chickens are sitting flat on them.
Do you think you could make a crude drawing of what you mean.”screw short pieces of wood to the existing slanted supports”. Wouldn’t this make for an extremely thick roost? Things like this makes me feel like there isn’t anything between my ears but dead space

AF882CEB-B6D1-4C9C-8CC6-E992ABD4895B.jpeg

Oh that could work too.

Though my idea (let's see if I can photoshop any better):
AF882CEB-B6D1-4C9C-8CC6-E992ABD4895B copy.jpg

1) Remove existing roosts (red Xs)
2) Screw in short horizontal-to-ground support boards (pink)
3) Add new roosts (aqua) on top of pink boards, screw to hold in place.

Does this make any more sense? If not, show it to someone else (a neighbor/family member) and see if they can make sense of it?

Oh that could work too.

Though my idea (let's see if I can photoshop any better):
View attachment 2644800

1) Remove existing roosts (red Xs)
2) Screw in short horizontal-to-ground support boards (pink)
3) Add new roosts (aqua) on top of pink boards, screw to hold in place.

Does this make any more sense? If not, show it to someone else (a neighbor/family member) and see if they can make sense of it?
that's a good idea because then she can add one lower and one upper on that same support and have a difference in width so the upper ones are not pooping on the lower ones

Back
Top Bottom