Need some help with little duckling

I don't think you should bandaid it.. It won't put any weight on it till it stops hurting and starts to heal.. Fred's leg trailed for about a week when it was brused.. After about a week of floating in the warm water it slowly started to work again but was awhile before weight could be put on it..

You could also try to give it some vitamin E
Pierce a capsule with a needle and squirt conten into its mouth a few times daily for a week, or until it seems better. Do this in conjunction with the niacin (brewers yeast). Ducklings need way more vitamins than chickens.

Keep it warm and still...

Kycklingmamma

I couldn't get the bandaid to stick, so I'll scratch that idea. I will make him swim every 2 hours during the day and when I cuddle him I will massage it and keep it limber. He is very calm and likes to sit and peep softly to me.

I will get some vit. E too

Thank you.

Julie

Julie,
"Little Bit" is going to be one spoiled little duckling when he/she gets well!!! You are going to have a buddy for life... I enjoyed careing for Fred when he sprained his leg... He still gives me duck kisses and loves to sleep in my lap ( with towel of course) lol...

Sorry I haven't gotton back to you. I had a friend pass away and the last 2 days have been a nightmare.

I had to put the little one asleep. He had what I would call a seizure and wasn't righ after that. He couldn't hold his head up, and his whole body would shake. I felt it was for the best.
hit.gif

Thanks for everybody helping me. I just had a very bad weekend.

Julie

Back
Top Bottom