Need Some Help!

FarmerBoy24

Songster
9 Years
Nov 27, 2010
Moreno Valley Ca
Is there any thing natural I can give my chickens for them to get better? They just don't seem like their normal selves. They just seem to be acting kinda gloomy and they sneeze. Is there any natural food like fruit or veggies I can give them to help this problem?

Thanks

Quote:
Thanks. That helped!!! a little
thumbsup.gif

Any Other Suggestions for this anyone?

I have read here to give them Natural Apple cider Vinegar in their water, not in a metal bowl though. I began giving it to my hens when one seemed a bit off she inproved the next day, may have had noting to do with it but... I read here the ACV boost their immune system and aids in digestion, good for humans too. also give them some electrolyte solution in their water at least once a week to give them some added vitamins which they need. make sur you have ruled out a respiratory infection. There is a natural remedy I read here to use for some respiratory problems: 1/4 cup ACV(natural stuff found in co-ops and health food stores, cloudy stuff says with the mother on the jar)1/4 teaspoon cyanne pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt, heat in microwave for one minute, let cool and add to one gallon of water and give it to your chickens, clears their lungs. thread said not to give it everyday with the salt in it since to much salt is bad for them, but you can give the AVC like a tablespoon full in water each day if necessary the cyanne pepper is what clears the lungs out

The breeder I bought my ameraucana's from told me to use two tablespoons per gallon. I use it for all my bids now. Have not had any internal health issues since I started using it.

Back
Top Bottom