Need some more inc help...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by htaesali, Feb 7, 2011.

1. htaesali

htaesali Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2010
    Hi everyone. I posted a couple days ago and got some great help. But now my incubator is fluctuating between 98.5 and 99.6 it has been steady since this morning. If I move it up a hair it will jump to 101. Is a low of 98.5 and a high of 99.6 ok? I have quail eggs coming soon and I just dont know whats better the high at 101 or the high at 99. Any advice would be great. :0)
  2. buzymom13

buzymom13 I run the Alien Chicken Asylum

Apr 20, 2010

Hi there. I'm fairly new to this also but have read on here that with chicken eggs "if you have a still air incubator" you want the temp to be around 101 F. But if not that the temp dipping will just mean a day or so delay in hatching.

Hopefully someone who is more "experienced" than I will come along soon and help. But that's what I've read. I'm on my second hatching right now but have not tried quail eggs yet.

Good hatching vibes!!! [​IMG]
  3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Both temps are ok but the high of 101 is what I would go with. I'm assuming this incubator has a fan?
  4. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Quote:I agree. The high temp will just accelerate the growth some. The lower temps will slow it down.
  5. htaesali

htaesali Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2010
    Thank you all! We will see in a couple weeks :0)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by