Need some prayers for my puppy... update post #22 & post #101

georgialee

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I went yesterday with my sister b/c she wanted to get a dog as a playmate for hers. It was at a pet store specifically for puppies... which I don't support at all, but I'm also a sucker for cute faces. Anyway, long story short I bought a puppy and took it to the vet b/c he was acting lethargic. Just found out he has PARVO!!! My son (4.5) and I are devastated. He gets attached really easily and was already sobbing this morning once the vet told me the prognosis is not good. Please, please pray that this little guy will survive and thrive.
sad.png

Last edited:
they don't open until 12 so I have yet to talk to the owner. I'm sure he won't commit to a refund until the little guy either gets better or dies. Ugh.

PLEASE NEVER BUY FROM A PET STORE!!!!

I'm sorry about your pup. If your sister got a pup from there she needs to get her's in ASAP to be tested. Also, even if the pet store won't refund it, they need to clean all the cages and floor with bleach or risk losing all their other puppies. I would also recommend you clean everything where the pup has been, floor, bedding, bowls etc.... and clean the bottoms of all your shoes worn in the store and around the puppy. I believe a dog can only be treated 2 times... your pup wouldn't survive a second bout of parvo if he gets it when he comes home right away. So while you're waiting... clean the heck out of your home!

I had a young dog that recieved all the shots, but got it anyway... guess some mastiffs are more susceptable to it. He survived it, but it took 2 treatements to help him (he could never be treated again). Once he was released he wouldn't eat... until I gave him turkey from thanksgiving dinner... he really perked up after that... So if he does survive, I would give him cooked meat to help give him a kick start.

Good luck to you and your pup.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you have any health assurances or certificates that came with the pup?
Personally, and since I'm from the same area, I'd be sorely tempted to make a public issue of this experience. Especially if they are not forthcoming with the $ for both the pup's cost and the vet bill!

Last edited:
I would be outraged. I am so sorry for your puppy as well as you and your son's heartache. I dont know what kind of puppy it is but I should be getting Shorkie Poo's any day now if that is of interest to you. I live in Central MO and it would be a treat for me to see one of my puppies go to a good home. This one is on me!

If one puppy has Parvo, shouldn't there be more from this pet store that would have it. maybe the authorities should be contacted. puppy store, puppy mills, all bad news.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am happy that the puppy found a loving person to take care of him. Even if he does go to rainbow bridge, he will go knowing he was owned by someone who loves him deeply.

Quote:
Do you have any health assurances or certificates that came with the pup?
Personally, and since I'm from the same area, I'd be sorely tempted to make a public issue of this experience. Especially if they are not forthcoming with the $ for both the pup's cost and the vet bill!

If they don't take care of this in the right way I WILL contact local t.v. about it.

Back
Top Bottom