Need step-by-step instructions or a link to them - PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by quiltnchik, Feb 23, 2011.

1. quiltnchik

quiltnchik Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    I have a wine cooler that was given to me last year (found it on Freecycle), and I'd really like to turn it into an incubator. Are there any clear and concise instructions anywhere for doing this? Right now I have two LGs and just really don't care for them. My feeling is that the wine cooler would make a more reliable incubator. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. MjChickens

MjChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2010
    La Center, Wa
    Here's My wine cooler incubator. I love it. I also had 2 LG's this bator holds the temp. so much better then the LG's. I bought this one on Craigslist for $125
    [​IMG]

3. quiltnchik

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    Looks neat. Now I just need instructions on how to build one...

4. Raven81

Raven81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    Te Anau NZ
    there are lots of ideas & instructions in the learning part of byc

5. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    all it needs is heating element, thermostat, fan or fans, shelf for water bowl for humidity, racks that can hold egg trays and pivot, attach racks together to eachother, attach one rack to motor, figure out how to use motor that will turn a couple of times a day and you're done'skeez...

the easiest way would be to use turners from like LG or hovabator... put like two of them, and maken one shelf a hatcher... that would be cool and easy...

6. quiltnchik

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    I've checked out the BYC Learning Center, but am getting nowhere. I've done countless searches online with the same results. Does ANYONE here have step-by-step instructions - or a link to them - showing what I need and how to put it all together to make an incubator using a wine cooler/refrigerator? Pretty please?

Sorry, I'm just more of a "visual learner," and what I HAVE been able to find online to this point has been absolutely NO help. [​IMG]

7. Sorin

Sorin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
  8. Sorin

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
  9. quiltnchik

May 19, 2009
    Virginia
    Quote:Thanks! Now maybe I can get mine put together and get it working soon [​IMG]

10. Sorin

Jul 15, 2010
    Glenfield, ny
    Good luck! Looks like a cool idea!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by