Need suggestions for project- what's your favorite bacteria?

burntumber

Songster
11 Years
Mar 26, 2008
I'm a third year pre-vet major. I need a nice bacteria for a major Micro-biology lab project.

Any suggestions? Something new and of particular interest. Thanks!

Yikes! Well, I've got a chicken that I'm treating now that has Spirochetes. It's a bugger...she's on her 4th antibiotic now. Would be nice if we could figure out how to beat it.

Want to help clean out our frig?
wink.png

How about Methicillan Resistant Staphlococcys Aureaus (MRSA)? That's a really honey of a bacteria.

Last edited:
My vet and I recently talked about the newer megabacteria that are cropping up ~ some even 20x the size (or more!) of previously-known bacteria. Some don't even have names yet! They are gram-positive, so with the right equipment you can produce all sorts of nice pics for your project. And if you can figure out a way to neutralize them . . . well, remember us when you collect your grants and awards!

Good luck! There are many of us who would love to be updated on how your project goes!

smile.png

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Yeah, it has to be a bacteria, otherwise I'd be doing laryngotracheitis, which is a virus.

Jenski- I'm going to look into these new mega-bacterias- I'm thinking the state vet here might be able to help on some leads.

The spirochetes have piqued my interest- good luck with the treatment. And I'll have a little look-see into MRSA.

Thanks- I'll let you know what I decide to do!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom