Need to dilute medicine. Please help me. My chicks are getting sicker

Noobchick

Songster
8 Years
May 23, 2011
Creedmoor, NC
I need to de-worm my chicks.

The medicine I have is Wazine 17.

Directions say for every 100 birds I have, to use 1oz per gallon of water.

I have six birds in all and between them I have two 1liter waterers.

I have no idea how to break this down. Will someone please help me??

It should be once oz. per gallon - can mix it in a 1 gal milk bottle, or the like, and fill your waterers.

You want them to have that mix as their sole source of water for 24 hrs. I think they put per 100 birds because 100 will consume the entire gallon amount in a day. Since you only have 6, put the water out int he morning and remove it at night, and they will have the proper dose.

Should I empty it at night and put unmedicated water out at night then? Dont know if they can be without wter at night. I dont get up till 8 and i dont want them to be thirsty.

Their vents look dry too. Cant tell if its just because theyve lost so much weight the vents are sticking out or what.

If it looks just like that it is quart size you have--just fill and leave 24/7---and then in morning clean and refill with fresh from the medicated gallon of water you mixed the day before should still be fine. But I would leave water available to them all the time--anytime--but especially since they are ill...it should not hurt them..

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom