Need to get rid of my rooster!!!

starfish35

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 7, 2010
My brother is selling his house and brought his three hens and rooster to live with us till he sells his home. That was a year and half ago. He now wants the hens back cause he took his house off the market, but says he can't take the rooster. I can't even begin to think of who would want a mean ole rooster!! This is where I need your help. Anyone have any ideas? I live about a half hour south of Port Huron. Please if anyone can help. I don't want him to die. I really would like to see him go to a nice big farm. But don't know if he will be ok leaving his hens that he has been with since they were chicks? All comments welcome!!

Last edited:
Take a pic of him and post an ad on Craigslist "Free Rooster to a good home". If that doesn't work you can always send him to Freezer Camp.

You've had him for a year and a half. Are you willing to keep him? Gee, it'd be a bummer to have to get new hens to go with your lonely roo....
wink.png

Other than that, I'd have to get into why you've kept the birds for so long, why he won't be responsible for his animals, etc, and I don't think that's what you're looking for.

Well, he initially wanted 4 hens and got 3 hens and rooster. He didn't know till they started to grow. We kept them for so long because he had no other place for them. The rooster attacks me daily. Everytime I go outside he comes after me. I have numerous bruises and open cuts on my shins or back of my legs. My mom literally did not come outside in the summer for fear of being attacked. So my brother was going to have the rooster put down, but the huge animal lover that I am wouldn't let him. But my mom does not want them here this summer cause she wants to be able to go in the yard and she hates all the chicken poo all on our deck and front porch and driveway. They have a small pen, and the grass gets depleted so quickly and its a muddy, wet, stinky, poopy place and I feel bad and let them roam everyday. So basically i'm trying to find a home for the rooster cause if my brother takes him back, he will have him destroyed and I don't want that. He says he's not going to deal with being attacked everyday.

You have done this friend a great favor. It should be the friend's responsibility to handle the relocation of the rooster. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom