need to move! how can I transport incubating eggs!

kmdodge2015

Chirping
Sep 13, 2020
My eggs absolutely need to go in the incubator today. But I just found out our house was finished early. I need to move, 4 hour trip in 2 days. When is the best time to transport my incubating eggs? I have 10 days before I need to be absolutely out of my current home and into the new one. This wasn't expected for 3 to 4 weeks. Would it be best to transport them asap(day 1 to 2 of incubation) or wait the ten days and transport them at 10 days incubating? How should I transport them on a 4 hour trip? I'm so stressed about this!! I thought we had perfect timing and things just went up in the air!!

My eggs absolutely need to go in the incubator today. But I just found out our house was finished early. I need to move, 4 hour trip in 2 days. When is the best time to transport my incubating eggs? I have 10 days before I need to be absolutely out of my current home and into the new one. This wasn't expected for 3 to 4 weeks. Would it be best to transport them asap(day 1 to 2 of incubation) or wait the ten days and transport them at 10 days incubating? How should I transport them on a 4 hour trip? I'm so stressed about this!! I thought we had perfect timing and things just went up in the air!!
I would transport them on day 1-2 and make sure that you wrap the incubator well to hold in as much heat as possible. I’ve experienced power outages of 4 hours or longer during incubation that did not disrupt the hatching

Oh yeah!! I do have one of those!! What day of incubation do you think best to transport? Day 1/2 or day 10??
I’d opt for one of those converter things that you plug into the car’s lighter/power outlet slot that you can then plug your incubator into.

That I don’t know, sorry. Guess I’d do it early so that Way you don’t KNOW if you have losses due to the transport or if they just didn’t develop in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom