sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

I am looking for an immediate home for 4 roosters - this a.m they were fine, & this afternoon when I went out to check on them, two of the roosters have been pecked bloody - they can't even open their eyes. I don't have a seperate area to keep them - 3 are orphingtons, 1 is a white general purpose rooster. They have a nice coop with outdoor run, nesting boxes, places to roost - in other words, everything is the way it should be except I have too may roos. I've been searching for the past month to see if anyone will take them, to no avail, and I was afraid it would come to this. It's killing me to see them in such bad shape - I'm not even sure at this point how to treat their injuries - I attemted to get the blood off their eyes so they could open them, but was not successful. This is my first chicken expereince, and up until now, all was going well. I just discovered I had 4 roosters, as I got my brood late Spring. Three of the hens have bloody necks, which I did spray with Blue Kote - can't find tar pitch anywhere. We live in NH and am willing to bring all or any of these roosters to someone who can adequately care for them. Please respond ASAP if you can help.
Thank you.
hit.gif

*edited title for clarity*

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Meowmama and welcome to BYC!

I would suggest taking some pics of your boys and posting them. It will help folks see what they are and maybe encourage someone to give them a home. Good luck!

Have you put an add on Craigslist.com in the NH area ?? Try that, someone on there might be looking for roosters !!!

Good luck !!

sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

I have advertised everywhere - only response I got was an offer to use them in dog food. Tonight they are in dog crates in my barn, and taking a picture would not be too convincing, since they really got pretty pecked up & are a mess. Tomorrow (Tues.) afternoon someone is coming to 'take care of them' and I can't bear the thought. Yet watching them getting pecked to death isn't real compassionate either.......... unfortunately, time isn't on their side........ thanks for your help/suggestions - I can only hope - - -
hmm.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom