need to vent... or nuke my town... either one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
chickensducks&agoose :

The kid's dad just called and said that he and the kid had had a talk, and that DS was now invited to the party. I said no thanks. at this point, you couldn't PAY me to send my kid. It's just so sad. And I am so disappointed. social stuff sucks. i might become a hermit.

"Burn down the town"????
ep.gif
You are being a Big Baby about this. Jeez Louise, it's a children's party!
You have admittted to being a "grudgey" person. Now you are showing your son how to be one, too.

In ten years, your kid would not have remembered not being invited to a party. However, he will behave according to your example for his entire life.​

as far as being a Big Baby, hello, name calling?!? Anyway, this morning I got a message from the mom, apologizing for handling it poorly. I will forgive the weird, disappointing behavior, but I'd rather my kid not go to the party at this point either way. we got the kid a present last week, and DS is delivering it at school today, with strict instructions to BE NICE, and not act like his feelings are hurt. And I hope DS does remember how I act, protective of him, and willing to do anything in his defense. because I love him and when it comes down to it, I'm on his side. I hope the boys can be friends, and if there are future issues, if the parents would just let me know. how is DS supposed to learn good social skills if nobody helps him? I can't watch him at school, but I do control how he behaves at home. if there's an issue at school, i need to know in order to fix it. just punishing him (by not inviting him) for being a pill seems short sighted to me.

and yes, it is probably good that a giant flame thrower doesn't always appear when I want it to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom