Need visuals on how to place/prop shipped eggs with jiggly aircells for hatching

Nksg75

Crowing
9 Years
Aug 18, 2014
Needville Texas
My Coop
My Coop
Hi all,
I am preparing for lockdown on some Isbar eggs that are developing nicely, however are both 1/2 saddle shaped(meaning one long dip down the side of the egg) and the aircell is loose.(so liquid could drown chicks if they make it that far)
I am planning on using a cut out egg carton, just not sure exactly how to lean them.
If anyone can post a pic of how you set your shipped eggs with jiggly aircells I would appreciate it. Or if there is better way to do it vs egg carton.
I am on day 15, and have about 6 eggs with this issue.
I wanted to get it ready soon so I can stop turning them early.

I always laid mine down on their sides like non shipped eggs. Never had a problem with drowned chicks.
Let's see what other people say?

Anybody else wanna
I always laid mine down on their sides like non shipped eggs. Never had a problem with drowned chicks.
Let's see what other people say?
Thanks, I just feel that the eggs would benefit from being propped Up to keep the liquid that I see in that jiggly/detaached air cell away from the beak .
I am going to move them to the hatcher today.
Have your eggs ever had the detached aircells at hatchtime?
None of my shipped eggs in the past that had detached aircells ever made it this far.

Last edited:
Anybody else wanna
Thanks, I just feel that the eggs would benefit from being propped Up to keep the liquid that I see in that jiggly/detaached air cell away from the beak .
I am going to move them to the hatcher today.
Have your eggs ever had the detached aircells at hatchtime?
None of my shipped eggs in the past that had detached aircells ever made it this far.
Yes. I've done many shipped egg hatches, & alot of the times my eggs arrived with jiggly, or detached air cells. I treated them like regular non shipped eggs. Except I let them rest for 2-3 days before I place them into the incubator.

Hi all,
I am preparing for lockdown on some Isbar eggs that are developing nicely, however are both 1/2 saddle shaped(meaning one long dip down the side of the egg) and the aircell is loose.(so liquid could drown chicks if they make it that far)
I am planning on using a cut out egg carton, just not sure exactly how to lean them.
If anyone can post a pic of how you set your shipped eggs with jiggly aircells I would appreciate it. Or if there is better way to do it vs egg carton.
I am on day 15, and have about 6 eggs with this issue.
I wanted to get it ready soon so I can stop turning them early.
May be a bit late for you, but here is how I had mine in the incubator. All had badly saddled and or jiggly air cells. Three out of seven hatched that went to lockdown. They were in such bad shape I was actually quite happy with that result! Good luck!:)
58430A91-F827-472D-911A-A89F9DD05126.jpeg

Interesting green eggs. Are those from EE's?
No, they are from purebred ameraucanas which lay a kind of a light blue turquoise colored egg. They are not quite that bright in real life the lighting was very strong.:)
Photo attached of another set I just put in the incubator!
B85980AF-D364-4C9C-9AF4-72DC2E9B737B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom