Need Your help, all Purina Dog & Cat Food Users..

I truly appreciate any help given so far. I have to come up with 35,000 points so it is going to be a long road. Thanks to everyone who is helping!

I just bought dog food a bit ago. It was Purina One too. Let me see if I still have the bag in my trash for you.
I wanted to ask you when this expires.
Also I didn't know this, but there are alot of different dog foods that Purina makes. Is it all of the food for dogs they make?
Here is a list since it might help someone if they wanted to help you out. Feel free to let me know if all of these foods do not qualify and I will edit my post so no one will get confused.
http://purina.com/products/Dogs.aspx

Last edited:
Quote:
WOW!
ep.gif
That definitely isn't low cost, that's for sure. Our SPCA has clinics here and to do rabies and spay/neuter it is only $35 a dog.

I do have a small bag of the Purina food that still has the weight label on it. I will also check with my sisters and see what they give their dogs. I will get them sent to you. Just PM me with your address.
smile.png

Oh! I also meant to ask you if they will accept the weight labels for the chicken feed by chance? I have 200#s there that I could send you.

Last edited:
Quote:
I can turn in the points anytime, I am a member of a Purina Club that allows me to send in weight circles. We raise JRT's and I send in my points, I started asking for help to get my 2 males and 1 female fixed, I am unemployed right now and fighting for my UE benefits. The so called "Low Cost" clinics here are still way more than I can afford now. I spoke to my vet and if I can get 35,000 points, Purina will send my vet a check for $350. For that amount, my vet has graciously agreed to neuter & spay my dogs, do Rabies for all 7 of them and also do Heartworm tests and give me 6 months of Heartworm meds and Flea Drops. This is a great savings over standard costs and I know my vet is being very kind to offer this.
I know it will take some time to get that many points. It doesn't take as long as you may think. I sent in 7 weight circles from Purina Little Bites about a month ago, it was 1126 points total.
It is any Purina Dog Food that has a weight circle, I think ones like Beneful do not have weight circles.
Mainly Purina Selects
Purina One
Pro Plan
Dog Chow
Puppy Chow
Hi Pro
and others like Little Bites.

Thanks for any help.

Lockedhearts, I understand about the low cost not being so low cost. I have a 4 year old female that I need to have spayed, but I agree, Ga would rather see more litters be euthanized than help.Every time I start saving money for it, the car needs fixing, I need more groceries or medical bills roll in. Fortunately, we have a sturdy fence to keep her in and roaming dogs out.

here in ky the "low cost" for a chihuahua is 55.00 and 75.00 for a female plus 10 for the rabies shots each. so in order for me to get mine fixed (5) is going to cost me 365.00

Last edited:
I know this is surgery we're talking about and its not cheap. But why does it have to be sooo expensive? People wonder why our shelters are full of unwanted pets. Vets have to make a living too, I understand that. Neutering a male dog is not that big of a deal. To bad vets couldn't get together and donate their services to at least neuter males. A little snip here, a little snip there and a neutered dog. Spaying is more complicated unfortunetly.

Last edited:
We breed Jack Russells, we try to be responsible about it, I have always held on to unsold puppies and even gave 2 away 2 relly good homes last year. I still made the people sign a contract stating the dogs would come back to me if they could not keep them.
My oldest female is 9 and is done, she has had 5 litters and that is enough. My males need to be done. Everytime we have heat cycles hubby and I take turns sleeping in the spare room with the boys.

The cost of the "Low Cost" here is why I jumped on the deal my vet is giving. Honestly, I called to see if they had another "low cost" option and since I have been a good client the vet called me back and offered this to me. I came up with the idea of getting the check from Purina and he agreed to do it for that amount, he is giving me a much better deal and I trust him, so it is a great deal for me and the "kids"

Back
Top Bottom