Needing help identifying

Looks like a Ginger Red Old English Game to me, too. RavynFallen is correct: there are requirements that need to be met when trying to admit a new breed or variety into the APA Standard of Perfection. At least five breeders must have bred the new breed/variety for not less than five years, producing offspring that are at least 50% true to color/type. Then, various amounts of birds of that breed/variety must be exhibited at certain shows and reviewed by judges and the APA before becoming a recognized breed or variety.

It is perfectly good (and fun) to come up with new varieties of breeds or even new breeds. However, I would consider being the only person with a breed/variety to be undesirable. You would not gain much recognition by showing only against yourself, your single gene pool of birds would become inbred, and the breed/variety would not survive if you stopped raising them. Developing a new breed or variety of poultry takes cooperation among breeders and many years of work.

Looks like a Ginger Red Old English Game to me, too. RavynFallen is correct: there are requirements that need to be met when trying to admit a new breed or variety into the APA Standard of Perfection. At least five breeders must have bred the new breed/variety for not less than five years, producing offspring that are at least 50% true to color/type. Then, various amounts of birds of that breed/variety must be exhibited at certain shows and reviewed by judges and the APA before becoming a recognized breed or variety.

It is perfectly good (and fun) to come up with new varieties of breeds or even new breeds. However, I would consider being the only person with a breed/variety to be undesirable. You would not gain much recognition by showing only against yourself, your single gene pool of birds would become inbred, and the breed/variety would not survive if you stopped raising them. Developing a new breed or variety of poultry takes cooperation among breeders and many years of work.

:goodpost:

goodpost.gif
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom