Needle Felters?

PineBurrowPeeps

Eye see you...
11 Years
May 17, 2008
Here, there, and everywhere...
Anyone?
I am going out to buy my supplies today, I have never needle felted and will be doing so with Angora as that's what I raise and have a ton of. I was told by another Angora needler Felter to use Fine Gaude Felting Needles as the Course Wool Needles didn't produce a very nicely finished product.
Any thoughts?

Quote:
I know the feeling Wildsky, I have to try it though, the beckoning from the fiber is killing me. It's saying "felt me, fellllt me!" LOL
I have Angora backing up and not enough time to spin it. I figure I might be able to felt some things to sell for when I go to the big rabbit show in Feb. in Lebanon, PA.
Maybe some little bunny earrings, or pins, or ornaments, etc. I can see rabbit wool felted items selling well at a rabbit show.
Heck if Rabbit Jerky sells well...
hu.gif

Last edited:
check Amazon for used books on needle felting --- I bought all the 'stuff' last year and it's lots of fun -- (slow going for me because I have arthritis) I would recommend buying quite a few of the necessary needles as they do break rather easily --

there are some good YouTube videos explaining the process and, of course Martha Stewart also has some articles/videos --

all that rabbit 'fluff' would be very good to work with -- good luck -- and show us pictures!

Quote:
th.gif
O. M. G. You are so talented!!!

This is EXACTLY what I am after, I want to make rabbits. They have changed my life, literally in the last year in ways that I could go on all day about but seriously, I just adore them and I want to sculpt rabbits. I have been a clay sculpter for years but I have a fiber addiction and needle felting just seems like an extension of both for me.

Can I ask you how long you have been seriously felting? I am intimidated by the smoothness I see in alot of artists works.
Are your rabbits solid wool or is there filler or wire armature in there?

I want to do this so badly!

I wish you lived near me, I'd be bugging you for lessons!

Hee he well thanks! No wire in them, my bunnies are solid wool. You start my making a core of plain wool, so you can save your colors for top sculpting. It's awesome you sculpted clay, it makes needling easier, and you find it is nice to do as it's way less messy. On that flickr page in my last post there's a step by step guide to the right in the set on needling a rabbit sculpture. Have fun and please bug me. I love to help!

Back
Top Bottom