Neighbor Claims my chickens have given her husband Histoplasmosis

Keep your coop where it is. Make the fence high enough on that side so she can not see over it. Her husbands health issues are not your concern. She is looking for a scapegoat and someone to blame. The mere fact that she is trying to rally the neighbors against you says she has some more serious problems. Unfortunately, people like this just keep after you if you allow it. If anything, document all her contacts with you. Record her (audio) with a cell phone in your pocket upside down, all conversations. You will soon have enough for a harassment lawsuit and can probably do it for little or nothing in a small claims court. Easy enough to have her served with a restraining order and no trespass. Not sure where you are but it can be done here.

Keep your coop where it is. Make the fence high enough on that side so she can not see over it. Her husbands health issues are not your concern. She is looking for a scapegoat and someone to blame. The mere fact that she is trying to rally the neighbors against you says she has some more serious problems. Unfortunately, people like this just keep after you if you allow it. If anything, document all her contacts with you. Record her (audio) with a cell phone in your pocket upside down, all conversations. You will soon have enough for a harassment lawsuit and can probably do it for little or nothing in a small claims court. Easy enough to have her served with a restraining order and no trespass. Not sure where you are but it can be done here.

I think this is great advice. I mean, he's not even contracted the disease she's concerned about!!! This, to me, means she's a bored pot stirrer with nothing better to do and who will become a much larger problem.

Ugh, I want to hand her some yarn and needles and tell her to get a freaking hobby and knit her husband a scarf to protect his fragile health! :barnie

Me too! It’s a dirty move, if she had general concern she would come to me first. This is literally the first time in the 2.5 years we’ve lived her she’s talked to us. We have a sign in our yard that says we welcome and love all our neighbors (summary) and she pointed that out “I see you love and care about your neighbors so please read this”

That pissed my husband off, haha.
My husband would've blown a gasket :barnieSo she wanted you to read a WebMD article, but she has zero proof that he has it, that's what's cracking me up... You'd think she'd have paperwork from the drs office or what not. I truly doubt he has it.

Hi All,

Before speaking to us, she went to all of the neighbors to tell them about our chickens and the risk they pose to everyone. So that made me really happy.
So she told a bunch of people untrue things that were negative and put you in a bad light? also, think of the upset she's intentionally causing you! I hate to sound litigious but I think a letter on your behalf from your attorney is in order. At least, an attorney could advise you how to handle this proactively, before the neighbor surprises you with her next escalation.

My husband would've blown a gasket :barnieSo she wanted you to read a WebMD article, but she has zero proof that he has it, that's what's cracking me up... You'd think she'd have paperwork from the drs office or what not. I truly doubt he has it.

It turned out she misunderstood; turns out he HAD it when he was young and is therefore more susceptible now and in poor respiratory health :rolleyes:

So she's complaining about something that hasn't even happened!

I can't help with the topic of this thread, i just want to proclaim my respect and appreciation for everybody here. Helping each other to protect our birds is so encouraging! I say that as somebody who was literally driven away from a neighborhood i lived in for over 10 years by lack of respect, ruthlessness and bad rumors. It had nothing to do with poultry or any animals, but with neighbors it is like with apple-sauce: One bad fruit can ruin the whole batch!
Good luck! - Following this thread…
:caf

When she comes over ....just nod and be empathetic. Don’t give her anything to work with. Oh I am so sorry your husband is sick... no, we won’t move our coop. Again I’m very sorry he’s ill and since my girls have only been here a short time, I’m sure they are not contributing to his illness but you may want to look into the wild birds in your yard. CLOSE the door and walk away. Next time she comes over... unless she is bleeding or the police are with her...DON’T answer the door. Best to break off communication. Most likely.. the other neighbors will realize she’s nuts soon.

It turned out she misunderstood; turns out he HAD it when he was young and is therefore more susceptible now and in poor respiratory health :rolleyes:

So she's complaining about something that hasn't even happened!
She must be a fortune teller :idunno This made me really feel bad for this woman who has to deal with a neighbor like that! I couldn't...

Back
Top Bottom