Neighbor hates my chickens- will she do them harm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rant.gif

Just cannot believe what you are having to put up with.
I have a neighbor that will call the cops if a dog barks during the day. (mine were barking at a fox) We also have an ordinance about harassing animals behind a fence. She was seen harassing my dogs to keep them barking while waiting for the cops. I informed her of the ordinance and that I was putting up video cameras. Now she calls me at work 30 miles away to complain. I come home and check the bark collars and camera's. One bark should not constitute a call IMHO.
Where I live the ordinance states "as many as can be properly housed and cared for without causing a health hazard or nuisance". There is a stipulation of no roosters. I currently have 22 hens that are far noisier than my dogs. My mother lives farther inside town and I hear a roo every time I am over there. I guess no one is complaining about him.
When I lived in the country I had a bantam cochin roo that I could hear from 3 miles away at the stop sign by the highway. He had a distinct sing song sort of crow. Sure miss the little fella.
It is a shame some people feel the need to concern themselves with what goes on on the other side of the fence.
I feel your pain and hope for the best.

OK...I am stumped again. Crazy Lady's husband is now putting stakes on both sides of the posts of the 3 sections of fence he has taken down. Are they planning on moving their fence 2 inches????

OK...I am stumped again. Crazy Lady's husband is now putting stakes on both sides of the posts of the 3 sections of fence he has taken down. Are they planning on moving their fence 2 inches????

I think its there to tell you to not move it either way? Who knows the mind of others...

I am thinking I am going to have problems soon with one of my neighbors... She has commented that she is tired of getting woken up by roosters crowing at 5am Our coop is atleast 3/4 of an acre away from her bedroom... I let her know that 1) we live in the country and my roosters are allowed and 2) I listen to their 3 dogs all hours of the day and night, many times while they are sitting on their porch and the dog is at the corner of the fences (which is by our porch) I used to pass eggs along but once the comments began I quit.. They had big city company last night and dumb, the company was put out in the yard in tents.. lol.. I am sure I am going to get some pretty dirty looks this morning.

LOL these people are NUTS!! I would keep Spock, it is ludicrous that you have 26 acres of farmland and can't. I would fight it like crazy on principal alone. I would consult another lawyer about how to fight this and not roll over.

Have you looked at this thread? She is going through the exact same thing, got rid of her rooster and the neighbor is STILL being psycho.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...t-me-after-she-saw-me-with-a-camera-yesterday

Getting rid of the rooster is not going to quell the animosity of the crazy person you live beside.

Last edited:
It does sorta look like that's the plan, how petty! If they wanted in ON the property line, they should have put it there in the first place. With all the moving of fence posts, you might want to re-measure to make sure it's still going in the right place. She would just love that ;)

I have neighbors from the hot place, myself. They are in a subdivision and I am not. He plants things along the fence and then gets mad if I trim what comes into my yard. A week ago he was photographing where I had just trimmed--muscadine grapevines, for Pete's sake!, in prep for a lawsuit (per another neighbor). I say, "Let him sue". I will admit to trimming, using roundup, whatever and then pay whatever fine the judge decides. And then I will come home and get some pigs. Word of advice: if possible, record any conversations, note on a calendar any interaction, take pictures and keep good records of date/time, if you need to say something to them put it in writing and mail w/ return receipt, keep excellent records. If you ever need to see them in court, the more evidence you have on your side the better.

I hope you don't have to give up Spock, because it won't stop anything. I'd hate to think this lady 'wins', and then as soon as she realizes she can get the law to push you around, you'll have zero chickens in no time. Got chickens that sing the egg song? Too bad, got to go. Chickens that cluck loudly when they see you because it's food time? Too bad! They have to leave to.

I'm so frustrated for you, and have almost unfollowed this thread because she MAKES ME SO MAD.

(also, I actually thought this was the same thread as above ha!)

How many acres does this person live on? It seems weird that you have 26 acres of farmland, but you're basically in town?

rant.gif

It is a shame some people feel the need to concern themselves with what goes on on the other side of the fence.
I feel your pain and hope for the best.
X2, people like that always remind me of the old saying (paraphrased), the more Boneheads I meet the more I like my (insert pet(s) here)!
barnie.gif

If we all think positive thoughts and blast them in your neighbor's direction, maybe we could miraculously change her neurological chemistry back into some semblance of 'community' ?
If not, hopefully Karma will come back around and land a swift one in places I won't mention here. Whatever brings her back to civilized humanity.
Meanwhile, document EVERYthing they say or do so if they keep dumbing down you will have the law on your side.
Take care and best wishes for you and yours.

It does sorta look like that's the plan, how petty! If they wanted in ON the property line, they should have put it there in the first place. With all the moving of fence posts, you might want to re-measure to make sure it's still going in the right place. She would just love that
wink.png
Isn't there usually a law that if they accepted the property line as it was they can't take it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom