Neighbor mad about rooster...suggestions?

so I bought him a shock collar for barking and call him in if he barks or if I ever see them outside.

So we rehomed the dominate rooster that did crow fairly loud.

We cut down a big oak tree near their property line so they could grow a tree they planted as we saw the shade from our oak would kill it.
please stop bending over backwards to accommodate the ogre next door.

if you’re within your rights to keep your rooster, then keep him and never say another word to your neighbor beyond hello and goodbye.

In agricultural zoning farmers, and those who grow or raise any animal are protected under the right to farm act. Right to farm laws were enacted in the 70s and 80s to protect farmers from city people who moved into rural areas, and then complain about agricultural activities such as aromas, noise, dust, etc.

You neighbor's realtor is supposed to inform their client at the time of their client making an offer on the property zoned agricultural of the possible agricultural activities, letting them know it is their choice to move to an area zoned agricultural, and therefore if their client does not like it, they have no right to complain.

Last edited:
In agricultural zoning farmers, and those who grow or raise any animal are protected under the right to farm act. Right to farm laws were enacted in the 70s and 80s to protect farmers from city people who moved into rural areas, and then complain about agricultural activities such as aromas, noise, dust, etc.

You neighbor's realtor is supposed to inform their client at the time of their client making an offer on the property zoned agricultural of the possible agricultural activities, letting them know it is their choice to move to an area zoned agricultural, and therefore if their client does not like it, SHUT THE F*** UP!
Love your reply 👍🐓

Thank you all so much for your kind words and help. If the neighbor was "neighborly" in any way and actually talked to us we would probably not be in this situation. I gave the wife eggs once but she did not seem to really care about them so I never offered again. Their house is set back about the same amount as ours and the coop is circled. We have it in the back corner. I can not put it in the other corner as we have a gate there for access and I do not want to put the coop in the center of the yard as there is no shade in the south Florida hot summers. I have been listening all morning and have heard him crow maybe 6x. The other roosters we rehomed before they started crow except for the second to last and this rooster is so quiet compared to him! He is the little gray in the picture
PXL_20211204_134204374.jpg
PXL_20211204_134109821~2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom