Neighbor Rant!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by welsummerchicks, Sep 14, 2010.

1. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Ok I have my own rant and the responses can be pure fun!

What would you do when you find YOUR neighbor has told the excavator YOU hired (at 1200 dollars a day) to move YOUR mulch onto THEIR property?

Go ahead - give me the most outrageous come uppance you can think of!

(The mulch, all gawjus hardwood and well aged, is on OUR property this day! What did Aragorn say in Lord of the Rings? SOME DAY the mulch may come down on your side of the property line BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY!!!!)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I would run back out there to that excavator feller, and say PUT IT BACK!!! I am just appalled at people today, and their utter lack of respect for their fellow man!!!!!

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Throw a hissy fit?

4. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:shoot them for trespassing and theft. I am sure the mulch has great value to you.. anything in excess of X amount of thousand is considered a felony and covered under the castle doctrines [​IMG]

OK, kidding. Thinking that I'd talk to her, talk to the heavy equipment operator, and possibly get police involvement. PS, why so much for an excavator? 1200 a day? Better be digging a full basement, drainfield etc for that kinda buckaroos [​IMG]

5. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Order a truck load of manure and have it delivered to your neighbor. They can dump it on his car.

6. welsummerchicks

Jul 26, 2010
    sweet on the manure load drop off! and good one boyd![​IMG]

Me, I been thinking of raising SKUNKS!

7. UrbanChick101

UrbanChick101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 9, 2010
    Eastern Iowa
    If you have a contract with the scope of work to be done by the contracted person/company. If this is the case, you should be able to not have to pay him for the time he took, to something that was not in the contract. He would be in breech of the contract, especially taking orders from a person that the contract is not signed with. ~ Sounds like a Judge Judy Opportunity. And WoW do you have a gutsy neighbor... they must think you're the nicest person around!!

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Why not go talk to the neighbor about it? Why would they even think that you would want your mulch on their property? Makes no sense... thats why i'd talk to them...

9. welsummerchicks

Jul 26, 2010
    Boyd, that's for the Ford 555 bulldozer with the bucket and the digger, the smaller dozer with the box grader and the super gill behind to smooth out after the bulldozer, AND a big mamma dump truck taking the manure off the property.

I believe they both are motivational speakers by profession, HA AH HAHAHAHA!

ALSO, he came over and said his llama escaped Sunday, and ran all over my property AND HE WAS WORRIED MY DOG WOULD CHASE THE LLAMA, AND AS WE ALL KNOW IN HOT WEATHER IT'S NOT GOOD FOR LLAMAS TO RUN AND GET OVERHEATED!

Well next time his llama runs all over my property, I'll be sure to issue him an engraved invitation and make sure all conditions are llama-appropriate.

When we first met the gal told me first of all that they did not appreciate me building a barn on my land, as they had not planned on looking over to the next property and seeing a barn and pasture, it had been wooded before, and they preferred that. And what was I going to DO ABOUT THAT? Well, says I do you want me to build a wood privacy fence? OH NO, WE DON'T LIKE THE LOOK OF THAT. Ok, so what DO they want me to do? Well plant some trees and make them grow fast.

LOL.

OH....And that they had a Neapolitan Mastiff that was 'animal aggressive' and 'occasionally got out', 'just so I would know'. One of the other dogs runs over on my property and bites my horse's legs while I'm riding, too.

I'm thinking of shooting the dogs with a paint ball gun, if I can find some pink paint with sparkles.

10. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

I take it back. Dump the manure on their dogs. That should be pretty durn motivational!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by