OK so the title says a lot of it. We do not have wild rats here. They were raising feeder rats for a pet. They got rid of the pet and released the breeding pairs of RATS! I have seen one in my babies run! Tonight I went to close them up and it came out the pop door! They are young, just under 8 weeks old. It is not cooperating in using the snap traps I have set. I put glue traps out before I came here. I am scared of using poison. I have the birds of course but I also have 3 large dogs and a few wild bunnies call my yard home. Any tricks to catching the blessed vermin? Any tricks to using poison and NOT killing every living thing around?