Neighbor threatening to "take out my roosters"

He is trying to make you cry and trying to treat the sticks like some home owners association. If he moved to pasture land he should have expected to see planting horses and livestock.

We had one neighbor complain once about our dog rescue and made the threat of dogs coming up dead to my wife. Then he proceeded to fire his pistols off into the tree line I heard one ricochet and was nice enough to tell him the next shell that flew across my property would be considered an act of aggression. needless to say he came over knocked on the door discovered I am by far no little guy , and wanted to debate the conversation he let it go till thanksgiving and again started the gun fire on the edge of our property line he and his kids were asked to stop they promptly told my wife to f off they would do it and she could not stop them I promptly explained that Florida law states you cannot discharge a firearm for target practice on less than Ten acres and you must have a stop or backdrop, they argued and continued. Rather than let it bother me the evil light went off, I am a dj and have an 8000 watt event pa, I then connected to YouTube through my laptop connected to my mixer found a video of a gentleman firing an AK 47 until it caught fire looped the video set the audio for 5k watts and let it play for ten minutes. The gun fire stopped and now they avoid me. None of my animals get harmed and life is good again.

lau.gif

He is trying to make you cry and trying to treat the sticks like some home owners association. If he moved to pasture land he should have expected to see planting horses and livestock.

We had one neighbor complain once about our dog rescue and made the threat of dogs coming up dead to my wife. Then he proceeded to fire his pistols off into the tree line I heard one ricochet and was nice enough to tell him the next shell that flew across my property would be considered an act of aggression. needless to say he came over knocked on the door discovered I am by far no little guy , and wanted to debate the conversation he let it go till thanksgiving and again started the gun fire on the edge of our property line he and his kids were asked to stop they promptly told my wife to f off they would do it and she could not stop them I promptly explained that Florida law states you cannot discharge a firearm for target practice on less than Ten acres and you must have a stop or backdrop, they argued and continued. Rather than let it bother me the evil light went off, I am a dj and have an 8000 watt event pa, I then connected to YouTube through my laptop connected to my mixer found a video of a gentleman firing an AK 47 until it caught fire looped the video set the audio for 5k watts and let it play for ten minutes. The gun fire stopped and now they avoid me. None of my animals get harmed and life is good again.
gig.gif
goodpost.gif

What I would do...pull out my bible and start reading aloud, scripture lots of scripture play some Christian music and just ignore. If you are a praying gal pray and ask God to soften his heart, no need for anger, he clearly is agressive, but God can soften his heart. I say ignore and just enjoy your land. You are truly blessed :) maybe you could have a girl friend come over and spend time with you, nothing like a few giggly girls having fun while planting . An unhappy person wants to make everyone else miserable , but you do not have to e, just ignore song and rejoice !

ok i guess i am an older gentleman 49. not really old . your neighbor is just an jackass. first don;t ever let anyone make you make you cry. i am not a confrontational person either.

i was however a pawnbroker for a long time and have had to deal all sorts. first he moved to the country because he thought that was the place to be. he probably has a decent bank account from a high powered job along with the stress that goes along with it, and feels he is entilted.

the first thing i would do is ask him if he wants to help and do some farm work. he will most definitely say no. then i would return with a comment of you know you just can't beat good clean living and you should give it a try it may be fun. he has never expirenced this kind of life being from a city. if he says ok then your good problem solved.

if he says no. then ask what he likes that you grow in your garden. he will tell you. just grow him some. he also has never tasted farm fresh anything.

when the chickens produce eggs offer him some. if he refuses tell him something like you don't know what your missing not having a fresh egg. they're the best very fresh and full of good nutrition not old like store bought.

if you raise chicken for meat offer him a fresh chicken.

see this does some things. 1. it kills him with kindness. 2. your offering a service to your neighbor 3. you are educating a ill informed person. before long he has to look in the mirror at himself.

that way if he starts with the entitlement stuff you can fire back and feel pride in your hard work.

i know people will disagree with me but i am telling you i have brought the hardest of people to their knees.

if all that fails ask him what you can do to make a peaceful solution.

if that fails. just shoot the bast^^rd. (just kidding)

however if you have done all this and he does something stupid you have all the favor on your side and the man will be in trouble with no one on his side. that makes for bad public relations.

ok i guess i am an older gentleman 49. not really old . your neighbor is just an jackass. first don;t ever let anyone make you make you cry. i am not a confrontational person either.

i was however a pawnbroker for a long time and have had to deal all sorts. first he moved to the country because he thought that was the place to be. he probably has a decent bank account from a high powered job along with the stress that goes along with it, and feels he is entilted. 

the first thing i would do is ask him if he wants to help and do some farm work. he will most definitely say no. then i would return with a comment of you know you just can't beat good clean living and you should give it a try it may be fun. he has never expirenced this kind of life being from a city. if he says ok then your good problem solved.

if he says no. then ask what he likes that you grow in your garden. he will tell you. just grow him some. he also has never tasted farm fresh anything.

when the chickens produce eggs offer him some. if he refuses tell him something like you don't know what your missing not having a fresh egg. they're the best very fresh and full of good nutrition not old like store bought.

if you raise chicken for meat offer him a fresh chicken.

see this does  some things. 1. it kills him with kindness. 2. your offering a service to your neighbor  3. you are educating a ill informed person. before long he has to look in the mirror at himself.

that way if he starts with the entitlement stuff you can fire back and feel pride in your hard work. 

i know people will disagree with me but i am telling you i have brought the hardest of people to their knees.

if all that fails ask him what you can do to make a peaceful solution.

if that fails. just shoot the bast^^rd. (just kidding)

however if you have done all this and he does something stupid you have all the favor on your side and the man will be in trouble with no one on his side. that makes for bad public relations.
I agree totally, no need ot make a permanent enemy kindness goes a long way. You have to live there a long time, so why have it hard when with time and effort you may have one he k of a nice neighbor. I had a real bad man living next to me also, he cut my hedges down when I was at work one day! I cpnfronted him, asked him not to do that again, it's my hedge and my property he got mad and walked away, the next year he did it again ! This tme I got mad, sent him an official letter and he never spoke to me again. With in 6 months he died and so did his wife a week apart . It was sad, I could have done something differently but I was mad, I never took the time to tell him I was sorry, even though he may not have accepted I still wish I had that chance. Having neighbors you can live by is so much better then those you will always be under fire with. Especially since you are alone.

I concur with post #10.
If this gentleman is home during the day, then tomorrow place a call to your county sherriff requesting a deputy to visit and discuss your situation, taking place in plain view of this nieghbor. Curiousity may bring him to the fence line. This alone may help your situation, but stand your ground.
I would not go to the expense and time of putting up a privy fence, or hedge row. If it is so disturbing to him, he may put up the fence at his expense, on his property!
Third, would be to follow the advice of post #34. Honey always works better than vinegar.

You keep doing what you're doing! Next time you see him, stand looking at his yard with your hands on your hips, shakin YOUR head. If he comes over to talk ask him why he lives out here if he wanted peace and quiet. Tell him they have deed restricted gated estate communities for that. He moved out to the farm........ DDDUUUUHHHHH. What did he expect? Also suggest that if he doesn't like the scenery, he can always add some trees or a big hedge on his property. Maybe that would keep his cats from peeing on your flowers.

Threatening the chickens makes me pissy. It's not like they get on his property & pee in his flowers. You don't have to take his crap. You're darn lucky to get along with so many neighbors, one bad apple out of the bunch ain't so bad. Don't give that jerk any eggs. He wouldn't appreciate them anyhow.

Some of the advice you've gotten is not going to help your situation. Carrying a shotgun would be among the worst & it could end up with you being the one facing legal problems. Anything you do that's harassing in nature will only exacerbate the situation. Document his behavior & consult with local law enforcement. I'm not familiar with the structure of your state's legal system but since you're rural I assume there's a Sherrif's Department. I'd suggest you start with them

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom