Neighbors 3 banty roo's in my yard.

I don't like ANY roaming animals. I get rid of any that come into my yard...dog,cat,chicken.Poof they just disappear. No drama with the neighbors. No hints,pleading,or threats.One day here.One day not.That is what happens when animals roam.

If the roamers mess up your LL's garden how can you prove it was not your chickens? Game cam? I would not want to get blamed for any damage roamers do when I made an effort to control my animals.

Banties are so darn cute!

Last edited:
I don't like ANY roaming animals. I get rid of any that come into my yard...dog,cat,chicken.Poof they just disappear. No drama with the neighbors. No hints,pleading,or threats.One day here.One day not.That is what happens when animals roam.

If the roamers mess up your LL's garden how can you prove it was not your chickens? Game cam? I would not want to get blamed for any damage roamers do when I made an effort to control my animals.

Banties are so darn cute!
What do you mean you get rid of any that come into you yard? I can understand you doing it with repeat offenders or predator animals doing some harm, but what if a neighbours dog accidently got let out the front door and it just wandered into your yard and lay on the grass for a nap? Would you really make it disappear?!

Or a neighbours kids cat passed through your yard? You would not tell them to keep it out first? Seems a bit harsh to me, and I am glad I don't live next door to someone that would make one of my fantail doves vanish if it was taking a bath in his bird bath!

What do you mean you get rid of any that come into you yard?  I can understand you doing it with repeat offenders or predator animals doing some harm, but what if a neighbours dog accidently got let out the front door and it just wandered into your yard and lay on the grass for a nap?  Would you really make it disappear?!

Or a neighbours kids cat passed through your yard?  You would not tell them to keep it out first?  Seems a bit harsh to me, and I am glad I don't live next door to someone that would make one of my fantail doves vanish if it was taking a bath in his bird bath!  
Definitely agree with the last part. A dog is the exception to that though. Any dog that is not my own on my property makes me furious. I've heard way too many horror stories. I've seen a stray dog chase my geese. "A dog on it's owner's property is a pet. A dog on someone else's property is a predator".

My neighbour's cats are fully welcome on my property. If they were hunting down chickens (I dare them, my chickens are mostly large fowl and could fight back), I would react by letting the neighbour know. A roaming cat is not against the law in rural areas. A roaming dog IS.

My chickens dont get to leave their coop, and if they do its into the goat pen, rarely. So she knows its not my birds making a mess.

I've been taking lots of pictures and videos of them scratching in her yard, just in case.

Update:
Talked to the landlady lastnight. Apparently the 3 roosters are fair game to shoot. The "owner" is a bit preocupied harvesting her "tomato" garden this time of year. And I guess she has tons and tons of bantys and doesn't care. I want to say she had broodies hatch out a bunch of chicks this year and didn't thin out the 50% that should be boys.
Plus she's a total space-cadet and it probably wouldnt matter to her if they were causing more of a problem.

The other neighbor is really out to shoot them. The LL said "Oh, were supposed to call Robin. He's gonna shoot them." They have a small flock that free ranges so I think the 3 boys are giving their chickens a hard time. Especially their RIR rooster. I feel kinda bad for the banties now.
sad.png

My chickens dont get to leave their coop, and if they do its into the goat pen, rarely. So she knows its not my birds making a mess.

I've been taking lots of pictures and videos of them scratching in her yard, just in case.

Update:
Talked to the landlady lastnight. Apparently the 3 roosters are fair game to shoot. The "owner" is a bit preocupied harvesting her "tomato" garden this time of year. And I guess she has tons and tons of bantys and doesn't care. I want to say she had broodies hatch out a bunch of chicks this year and didn't thin out the 50% that should be boys.
Plus she's a total space-cadet and it probably wouldnt matter to her if they were causing more of a problem.

The other neighbor is really out to shoot them. The LL said "Oh, were supposed to call Robin. He's gonna shoot them." They have a small flock that free ranges so I think the 3 boys are giving their chickens a hard time. Especially their RIR rooster. I feel kinda bad for the banties now.
sad.png
thats mean to do though ... i knew the three banties would all help each other if someone attacks one of them ... but idk what you can do maybe catch them and try to sell them idk .. but they are pretty and i wouldn't want to see them get killed

thats mean to do though ... i knew the three banties would all help each other if someone attacks one of them ... but idk what you can do maybe catch them and try to sell them idk .. but they are pretty and i wouldn't want to see them get killed
They are some pretty Roos, but it sounds like they have a bounty on their heads. If they are friendly I would try and save them.

Back
Top Bottom