Neighbor's chicken hiding in my yard

I understand...chickens make you step out of your comfort bubble...I once had 7 chickens, 7 GROWN chickens jump over the fence into my neighbors property, it was a mess...
Oh no haha. My husband really wants ours to free range, but I'm like look at what happens! 😄

Live trap may be your best bet.
Any idea where she is roosting at night?

Have had to catch 2 'feral' birds here.
One was easy to grab off roost spot.
The other took a week of setting up a crate with feed and water, a remote closure(wire), watching and waiting before finally capturing her.

She seems interested in my coop. Would it be a mistake to lock my chickens in the run in the morning and try to get her to hop in the back door of the coop? I just don't want to risk her spreading any pests or disease if she could have it. Is that a concern if I keep my chickens separate, but let her in the coop?

I would probably try that. If she does go in the coop, close it and then go in and grab her.

Yes, she could be carrying some kind of parasite or disease. But if she's already been hanging around right outside your coop and run, your chickens are probably exposed anyway. So letting her (briefly) into the coop will not make much difference.

Back
Top Bottom