Neighbors Dog is Digging Into My Yard!

My neighbors dogs dug under my fence and killed all my chickens. I got more chickens this year an told the neighbor if the dogs are found in my yard again I will shoot to kill. Strangely, the dogs stay locked up in a fence now.
Works like magic when you fight evil with evil sometimes. You just have to I’m afraid. They don’t respond to any other methods. That has been my main point all along. Some people you cannot simply put be nice to. There are some neighbors you cannot be neighborly to.

Hope you can resolve this situation. My heart feels for that dog, he'll be an intelligent creature that's left trapped. In saying that your chickens need protection big time. It sickens me those kind of people own any kind of animal. :(

I agree- the neighbors got him after I got my dog because, “after seeing you with your dog, my husband wants one” (these words literally came out of the wife’s mouth). They have never owned a dog before and had no idea what they were getting into- they want a beautiful, large, well- behaved dog without putting anything into him. He’s been my buddy and my dog loves playing with him through the fence, which has made this situation more difficult. I adore the dog, but am not a fan of the owners. It’s really not his fault- he’s left in the yard all day without stimulation, hasn’t been trained, and digging and watching the chickens is how he’s learned to entertain himself.

Works like magic when you fight evil with evil sometimes. You just have to I’m afraid. They don’t respond to any other methods. That has been my main point all along. Some people you cannot simply put be nice to. There are some neighbors you cannot be neighborly to.
It’s unfortunate but I am learning this.

I adore the dog, but am not a fan of the owners.

Sounds like that dog needs a new home. Can you take him to the animal shelter? Don't steal the dog from their yard, just grab when he next comes into your yard.

Or, since you say he's a nice dog: would the neighbors be willing to give the dog to you? Then you could contain/train him in your yard, which would surely be easier than what you're currently dealing with! (Only works if you would like to own the dog, of course.)

Sounds like that dog needs a new home. Can you take him to the animal shelter? Don't steal the dog from their yard, just grab when he next comes into your yard.

Or, since you say he's a nice dog: would the neighbors be willing to give the dog to you? Then you could contain/train him in your yard, which would surely be easier than what you're currently dealing with! (Only works if you would like to own the dog, of course.)
Unfortunately my GSD is a one dog kind of lady- she’s very possessive over me and gets jealous when I pet him through the fence! I really wish they would relinquish him as he appears to be primarily living in their garage now. But due to their response to me about his digging, I can’t imagine they would make any decisions that weren’t ego/ pride based or for the dogs best interest.

Dogs harassing/killing my stock are promptly shot and hung on the fence. If Fido’s owner wants to come confront me about it, I then put them on the hook for legal costs of my lost stock. If they simply want to retrieve and bury their dog.... I let bygones be bygones.

I call non emergency dispatch line and inform them of the kill and why. Had one sheriff show up to verify what happened the first time. The recorded call to dispatch is inarguable in court if it comes to that.
I hear you. In the case of my chickens, it was a young dog with no experience or training, just thought he was playing. The neighbors felt really bad, paid for the chickens, promised to get on top of the dog training. If they had been any other way, the dog goes to animal control the next time it gets loose.

Back
Top Bottom