Neighbor's dog killed my chickens. City ordinance issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.
And we're still talking about what kind of canine it is. Salient point is, it's a dog running loose that AC should be addressing. Why does no one care that the dog is not secured on its owner's property as I'm sure the local leash laws require?

Maybe they didn't complain you said you where keeping them illegally anyway right

I'm sure this woman must have complained. AC doesn't seem to care whether people around here have chickens close to their house, as long as nobody complains. I actually had to call AC on another dog that broke into my yard a couple years ago, they came and caught it, right in front of my chicken coop! Didn't say a word to me about any code issue.

I think it would be hilarious to play a harmless prank on my neighbor. I could put a CD playing in my shed with chicken noises on it, just to see how many times she calls AC on me. They would come investigate, find nothing, but keep getting calls from her. Oh man... they would think she's nuts! LOL

I'm sure this woman must have complained. AC doesn't seem to care whether people around here have chickens close to their house, as long as nobody complains. I actually had to call AC on another dog that broke into my yard a couple years ago, they came and caught it, right in front of my chicken coop! Didn't say a word to me about any code issue.

I think it would be hilarious to play a harmless prank on my neighbor. I could put a CD playing in my shed with chicken noises on it, just to see how many times she calls AC on me. They would come investigate, find nothing, but keep getting calls from her. Oh man... they would think she's nuts! LOL

Also, I've had chickens for almost 5 years, and nobody has ever complained about them, until now. This neighbor refused to reimburse me for my birds at first because she believed the city code would make her exempt or something. And she made a bunch of other wild accusations and tried to blame ME for her dog breaking into my yard. She's a piece of work!

Hate to be the one to tell you this but you called ac on yourself when you called on the dog then ac knew about your illegal chickens

Ok everyone...this thread is gotten a bit out of control. We understand your passion for protecting our flocks but we need to close the curtain on this thread before it gets any more heated.

Thank you to all who participated.

-BYC Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom