Neighbor's dog killing my chickens

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love my dogs very much!!!!!!! We have kennels for our girls!!! They ex scape!!! We even have tarps over the top!!!

So reinforce the kennels? Put a real top on and secure it so they can't get out. Make the kennels dig proof.

Or put them on tie outs. Containing dogs is not hard if you put in literally any effort. Especially when it comes down to containing them vs. killing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So reinforce the kennels? Put a real top on and secure it so they can't get out. Make the kennels dig proof.

Or put them on tie outs. Containing dogs is not hard if you put in literally any effort. Especially when it comes down to containing them vs. killing them.

Who said kill them? I would die if we had to kill or get rid of them! And they broke all my chains, metel $100 chains!! They eat our thin plastic ones!

I have reported this thread because of a rules violation. Minors are NOT to disclose their ages on this forum. Please refrain from advertising that you are underage. In addition, lets calm down a bit, please.

Last edited:
Who said kill them? I would die if we had to kill or get rid of them! And they broke all my chains, metel $100 chains!! They eat our thin plastic ones!
You said, "My husk is a show dog and she's the only one that gets a way with murder. But is she kills my nebiors livestock she's dead!"

So yeah. Containment vs. death.

I seriously doubt your dogs broke actual heavy duty chains. But, like I said. Put a real top on the kennels, not a tarp. Secure it. Make the kennels dig proof. This is not complicated.

If you are unable to contain/control your dog you should not have any. What happens when your dog gets bolder after successfully killing livestock? What happens when it goes from chickens, to goats and sheep? How long before it attacks another dog, maybe being walked on a leash, and bites the owner trying to defend his dog? How long before it attacks a child? What do you think happens then?Then the dog is killed and your parents are in court, and you have to live the rest of your life with the guilt that your dog maimed or killed a person.

The way to solve the problem is containment, bigger fences with tops if needed, or chains. I own 4 Siberian Huskies, 1 of whom is a chicken killer and I know what they are and are NOT capable of. I have managed to contained mine. I built their pen all by myself in a single weekend. If a disabled woman can do it anyone can.

Last edited:
He just likes chicken!!!! If he's a lab it's breed into him and no stopping him!
well, really they were bred to retrieve and NOT damage the birds, this is an untrained, bored, neglected dog. Any dog would look for excitement if it lived this dog's life! He's even going against his deeply ingrained breed characteristics looking for mental stimulation. Could you get a live trap and take him to the pound? At least that way, he's humanely euthanized without fear of "missing" or "maiming".

Just tell them the truth, the ddog had strayed into your yard and your turning it in as just that...A stray.

You said, "My husk is a show dog and she's the only one that gets a way with murder. But is she kills my nebiors livestock she's dead!"

So yeah. Containment vs. death.

I seriously doubt your dogs broke actual heavy duty chains. But, like I said. Put a real top on the kennels, not a tarp. Secure it. Make the kennels dig proof. This is not complicated.
instead of trying to imprison the animals why not try to actually fix their problems? They need exercise and discipline! And not beating the dog either, that just makes them fear you (not trust you) and lose respect for you. This is the exact opposite of what you want from a dog.

These dogs were bred to run hundreds of miles in days. You think it's going to be content to sit in a cage all day, or spend all of its time frustrated and trying to get out and once it sees something catch its attention, BAM! dead livestock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom