neighbors dogs

Grass

Songster
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Salem,Ohio
the neighbors dog got another one of my chickens today...thats 3 this summer for it...i think it's got a beef with the new hampshire reds.....thats the only ones it's seemed to kill so far and i have like 6 different breeds.wifes bumming cuz those are the ones we raised up from peeps

Unacceptable behavior from the neighbor and the dog. Horrifying way for these poor birds to lose their lives. 3 times and that dog still runs free?

JJ

The "neighbors" are anything but neighborly. That is truly unfortunate and all too common and I'm sorry to hear it. It's too bad you can't just enjoy your birds and they their lives without this kind of thing happening. That said, if you don't want your birds to get terrorized and killed by neighbors dogs you have to be a strong advocate for the defenseless beings who have no choice but to be in your yard like sitting ducks- "bumming" after the fact does not help them. Get the fence openings repaired one way or the other, report the neighbor to authorities if you don't sense absolute commitment on his/her part to never let this happen again and insist he pay a bill for the birds. Until the situation is remedied, the birds should be in a failsafe enclosed run so that no others suffer this kind of fate. Otherwise, these birds would be best adopted to a safer location. I'm sorry but I'm channeling your birds right now!
JJ

Have you discussed this with the neighbor? Their irresponsibility in not confining the dog terrible. I would try being nice at first. After 3 times, no more nice neighbor. I would give them the ultimatum of properly confining the dog or having it shot. The lives of your pets are just as important as the dog's life. You have just lost a few right now. Just wait until Rover really goes on a spree and kills all of them.

You need to have a serious talk with your neighbor! It is their responsibility to keep their dog in their own yard and yours to try your best to protect your birds.

What do your neighbors say about their dog doing this awful thing so many times? I'm very sorry for your loss and I hope that dog gets confined better so this doesn't happen again.

they want to pay me for the chicken again...they have offered each time the dogs killed one...first 2 i didn't take anything from them but now since they been buying the eggs i think thistime i will

Back
Top Bottom