Neighbors let their aggressive dog free in our yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they shouldn't let it on our property. I feel like next time I have to say something since they obviously aren't noticing how irritated I've been. I just hate being "that person" to teach people common sense. Ugh.
Go knock on their door and talk to them.
Everyone is so quick to call someone else into the situation (animal control)...they may not even know their dog is in your yard.
Talking to someone goes a long way.

Everyone is so quick to call someone else into the situation (animal control)...they may not even know their dog is in your yard.
In OP's first post they said the neighbor called the dog but it didn't listen. Maybe she didn't see it in OP's yard. I just assumed she did and that's why she called it. But you may be right. She may not know.

In OP's first post they said the neighbor called the dog but it didn't listen. Maybe she didn't see it in OP's yard. I just assumed she did and that's why she called it. But you may be right. She may not know.
No one knows what this neighbor knows except the neighbor.
I truly believe talking to her will "settle" things.
IF for some reason it doesn't THEN you take further actions.

OH they know he's on our property. They are there Everytime watching this happen and calling his name. That's what makes it most irritating. No apology. No attempt to restrain him.

OH they know he's on our property. They are there Everytime watching this happen and calling his name. That's what makes it most irritating. No apology. No attempt to restrain him.
Still..you should tell them what you are telling us.
They may not think/understand he is bothering you.

Talk to them face to face. Tell them straight up you don't want their dog loose on your land. Make sure they know it's growled at you on your land. It's unacceptable.

All that can be done in a nice way and as a heads up. That's what I'd do then if I saw the dog on my land again would just shoot it. Always talk to your neighbors first to give benefit of doubt they will correct the problem then call animal control or sherriff or shoot it if they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom