Neighbors roo

I use electrified poultry netting a lot with American Dominiques that are not good fliers. Even the 48" tall variety will not be a good barrier for birds with need to breed. Fence plus wing clipping would work.

To cut to the chase. I frequently maintain multiple flocks with discrete ans often not contiguous home ranges. I also have two neighbors that have had flocks either 75 or 200+ yards from my NE property boundary. If you have a gender imbalance, then the sex in excess is highly motivated to go to where opposite sex is most abundant. This pattern really strong with adults kept in monosex groupings.

Hes a nh red. Not huge but big enough. Good idea on the electric fence. Thank you
Its about 100 +/- feet.

Hes a nh red. Not huge but big enough. Good idea on the electric fence. Thank you
Its about 100 +/- feet.
Lack of clarity remains. Do you mean 100 +/- square feet you will be putting a perimeter around or 100 +/- lineal feet of property boundary to be bounded by fencing? If latter, then fun will be stopping rooster or hens from trying to go around. The birds will fly several feet up to land on something stable before coming down on other side.

Back
Top Bottom