Neighbors Taunt Dying Girl

It's only about an hour drive here....

However, now that the psycho has been outed nationally, I'm pretty darn sure she will NEVER get rest from her stupidity and intolerance....which is fine by me. No amount of "I'm sorry" can fix that kind of vitriolic hate.

Quote:
its funny, they finally gave a sincere apology, after the news ran the first story......

Because they made a point to tell folks their first and last names, and showed at least one street sign in the various stories. Even mentioned that they were from michigan...

Little wonder that they've had death threats
The husband is indefinitely suspended from work
They are now the target of Vandals and being cyber bullied themselves.

Hopefully they know what it's like to be hated by millions of people who don't even know them.

I havent read all the pages of this thread- however, I just want to tell everyone that there is a rally for Kathleen on the 23rd in Trenton. My husband and I will be there to show our support.
This is but a couple minutes from where I live.
I hope the bullying neighbors never get a moments peace. She did not offer an apology until she was harassed-pizzas delivered to her door, child protective services called on her, eggs at her house..etc. She went from pure hatred one day to apology the next. I cannot fathom the strength that the father and grandmother must have, to have lost their wife/daughter, and to know they cannot save little Kathleen- and the strength and faith NOT to torch the neighbors house.

Kathleen is a beautiful little girl, and if this had to happen to her, at least her family has gotten to see all the good that people can do, and we, as a whole, can rally and pull together to support when someone is most in need. I was unable to attend the candlelight ceremony that they held but I saw it on the news. That little girl is just a beautiful baby with a smile that is capable of warming a person's heart instantly. It puts all of our 'problems' in perspective.

Keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
this is one of those times I am deeply disappointed in the human species and embarrassed to be human...we, as a species, have such a capacity for good and yet often times wallow in depravity...I guess it is why I like my dogs and my ducks more than most people...it is heartening to see the good folks rally around this little girl and her family after the dark cloud of evil from the neighbor got on them...

You don't have to be embarrassed to be a human being. This is ONE human being, Jennifer Petkov, not ALL human beings doing this.

Remember that a lot of good is done in the world by people too.

People are connected by good. The world continues to stumble along, not because of evil, but it spite of it. Yes, there are homeless people, and there are also so many donations to them the agencies can barely sort through all of it. Yes there are people living in substandard housing, and Habitat for Humanity consists almost entirely of volunteers who donate skills, time and materials to build and fix homes.

Yes, health care is expensive, but there are coal miner's kids who have gotten into medical school and become surgeons and apply their craft with an obsession with perfection. Yes there are medical errors. And there are surgeons that are so good that a nurse can peel off a dressing, look at the incision and say, 'Oh, Dr. Eric musta done ya! What a great pair of hands!' There are doctors who give their vacation time up to go serve for free in some war torn country with Doctors Without Borders.

There are terrible crimes, yes, and there are firemen who go into collapsing office towers and die trying to save people. You can dwell on the evil of 9/11 or you can remember the fire
fighters who went above and beyond the call of duty.

Why did they go above and beyond the call of duty? Because it was the eleventh of September? No, because that is their HABIT, they do that kind of thing EVERY DAY. Without even thinking of it.

Think about this. A severely mentally ill man storms a public building with a can of gasoline and a bick lighter. Sobbing, he goes to put the bick lighter to the gas can with hundreds of people in the building and not too few looking on, paralyzed with terror.

A police officer walks up to him, blows out the lighter, and says(something like), 'Come on son, it's alright, I'll help you'. The judge tells him, 'You were given the wrong medication. We'll get you a better doctor. And I want you to work very hard to stay healthy and keep working with your doctor, so you don't get in trouble again'. And he did.

People say there are no miracles these days. I laugh in their faces.

A little girl gets made fun of by a loud, coarse, bad tempered, ill-educated pig of a woman, and the entire world rallies behind the little girl. The kid got cupcakes in the mail - from PAKISTAN for God's sake. All the way around the world, some ordinary person in Pakistan heard about this and sent this kid cupcakes. Think about that.

It's a small world, and it's a good world with some very loud, bad people in it.

It isn't really wise to over-generalize about these people or to focus overly much on these news reports, except to support the victims.

They are most emphatically not in control of the world. That is why they act that way in the first place, because things are not going their way.

A great many people have already communicated to Ms Jennifer Petkov what they think of what she did. She seems immune and unrepentent.

And she did NOT take her website down. Facebook did that. Please, don't give her that much credit. She doesn't deserve it.

Viewing her husband, I get the feeling he is trying to deflect some of the inevitable backlash, and not being viewed as sincere.

Since they are handling it so differently publicly (I have no doubt they get together in the privacy of their home and giggle and agree that they are both so very justified in what they did), I expect that in the not too distant future, they won't be together and their kids probably won't be with them. She'll accuse him of being spineless and lacking in principles, and he'll say, "i need a job'', she'll start picking at him instead of (or in addition to, people like her have a lot of stamina) the neighbors, and they won't be together long.

Last edited:
The local news caught the B&%CH saying after their "apology" saying "I don't care who is dying!"

They then came out with another apology. I don't think it will matter how many times they apologize now. They will be hated by millions forever.

You know, this just like almost every other issue that comes up and gets a flash of news then disappears is wrapped up in issues much deeper than what we are seeing on the surface. The couple who are attacking a little girl and her dead mother is truly despicable but how about ALL the other people being bashing, bulling and harassing folks every day. Kids killing themselves because they are being slammed on the internet and sometimes that is even going on by parents.

So, let's change the problem overall. NO MORE INTERNET harassment. Adults need to ACT like adults and children need to be held accountable for hurting others. There is NO reason to cross the line into bullying and harassment. I believe if we teach our kids it isn't ok when they are young they won't grow up to be idiot trash like the couple in this news flash!

Just my opinion.
rant.gif
smack.gif

What they did was wrong, I'm not denying that. But, IMO, for others to send them death threats, bully them, throw eggs, etc is just as bad. I was always taught that 2 wrongs don't make a right. In order to overcome evil, we cannot stoop to that level ourselves, but should instead pray for them, and overcome evil w/good. If more people would do this, it would make the world a better, kinder place.

Quote:
personally, I wish we could cull the evil from the herd.

Back
Top Bottom