Neighbors

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Buckbeak01, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Buckbeak01

Buckbeak01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2015
    North Carolina
    So I'm being proactive and informing my neighbors (in our urban area) of my plans for my upcoming back yard flock.... I know my neighbors on either side of me well, and they are both supportive and excited. The neighbor behind me, (where our fence meets) I don't know very well. So I hear her and her kids playing in their back yard, so I poke my head over the fence. Conversations goes like this....
    Me: "Hey neighbor! I just wanted to let you know I'm starting a coop in my back yard so we can keep some hens for eggs. But don't worry, I can't have a rooster, so they shouldn't bother you guys."
    Neighbor: ??? (Blank stare)
    Me: "chickens...."
    Neighbor: "Ohhhhhh...... Chickens.......(slaps forehead) That sounds fun!"

Lol! Mission accomplished!:)

2. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    [​IMG]
    That could have been me ... I have been known to become lost in my own thoughts and not make the jump to a new conversation very quickly. In fact, it happened this weekend with DH. I was making garden plans in my head and he came in talking about fixing the ceiling in the stairway. That was an interesting conversation for a bit, lol.

I'm glad that your neighbors all seem OK with your chicken plans. Good luck!

3. Buckbeak01

Buckbeak01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2015
    North Carolina
    Thank you! They are all very excited and supportive.:)

4. wyoDreamer

wyoDreamer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    of course they are excited, they probably have visions of fresh eggs dancing in their heads ... [​IMG]

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    LOL....a few eggs here and there *do* go a long way in building neighborly relations.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by