Nellie Sneezing going on second week

IzzyBizzy

In the Brooder
Feb 11, 2024
Nellie, my Turkan, has been sneezing (no other symptoms at all) going on the second week. Now I think Matilda has started sneezing. Both have good appetites, no discharge at all. Please help!

Welcome To BYC

Have you added any new birds recently?

Any changes to ventilation (closed up ventilation due to weather), added new bedding, using a different feed, noticed a strong ammonia smell in housing or found any mold in your feed?

If sneezing is the only symptom, with no discharge and they have good appetites then I'd just monitor them at this time.

Sneezing can be from number of things - something as simple as getting food/water in the nostrils to dusty bedding to something more serious like respiratory illness (but usually there's other symptoms that accompany the sneezing if it's illness).

Welcome To BYC

Have you added any new birds recently?

Any changes to ventilation (closed up ventilation due to weather), added new bedding, using a different feed, noticed a strong ammonia smell in housing or found any mold in your feed?

If sneezing is the only symptom, with no discharge and they have good appetites then I'd just monitor them at this time.

Sneezing can be from number of things - something as simple as getting food/water in the nostrils to dusty bedding to something more serious like respiratory illness (but usually there's other symptoms that accompany the sneezing if it's illness).
I haven't noticed any changes in the coop environment - right after I noticed that she had been sneezing, I added 2 new little ones to the "nursery" of our coop last week, but they had been staying with me prior for at least 4 months with no symptoms. Your advice has given me some peace of mind - I will continue to monitor for any changes. A week after I added the little ones, one of them, Florence, injured her beak! Was red and and slightly bloody with a small sliver hanging from the side! Does not appear to have been broken, but she is having trouble pecking her food. Because of advice I read on this site, I have been feeding her soft feed and water, and applying NuSkin. She is holding her own, can pick up some food and is drinking. Any other advice you may offer would be greatly appreciated! Thank you, again, for your response.

Back
Top Bottom