Nerf gun war

Pics

FleishyWifey

Songster
Jul 5, 2020
Is it legal in Texas for the next door neighbor kids to come onto our property, and shoot our chickens with nerf guns? They're 5 and 7 and I'm 99% sure their dad told them to come over because our rooster "is annoying" I then put them back in their run and the kids opened their run and let them back out so they could shoot at them some more. And No, the chickens were no where near their property because we have close to two acres on county land and the coop and run are the opposite side as our neighbors.

Be a good neighbor and get rid of the rooster if you can
Why should they get rid of their rooster? It's perfectly legal. And what do you mean "be a good neighbor", how in the world are they the one that's not a good neighbor when the other neighbor is having their kids shoot at their chickens with nerf guns?????? did I miss something??

Also there's no way they'd be getting fresh eggs. No way, sheriff needs called and it taken care of. Also not to sound like a boomer lol but goodness kids are heathens these days, if I even thought about doing something like that my parents would tear me apart. Also I'm sorry but it's not normal for kids to do that. Even if it's not causing physical harm to the chickens I'm sure it's causing mental harm which isn't normal for a kid to want to do.. just my two cents but maybe I'm overthinking it and I was just an overly sensitive kid.

In fact (sorry for the double comment) if you have a friendly sherrif/police department, ring up the department and ask them what laws the children are breaking exactly. Install a video camera, take the video camera and the list of offenses to the father and basically just tell him to tell his kids to stop. (people think you are more serious if you have a list :lau ) once again, good luck!

I would put up no trespassing signs and if I saw the kids, explain to them it’s not ok and they need to leave while you record it and tell them you’ll have to talk to their parents if they come back. Lock your gates to your property and lock your coop door and if you see them scaling fences record it, tell their parents it has to stop and then go to police as a last resort if your kind requests go unheeded. Unless of course the parents are jerks and you can’t talk to them. Then record incidents and call the police and if you have to call more than once press charges.

There is no reason they should get rid of a legal rooster and why would you give them male chicks on top of it?
Be a good neighbor and get rid of the rooster if you can. This is why chicken laws or hoa get started. I share egg with my neighbors.
You can nip this in the bud or grow it into an oak tree.
send the 5 and 7 year old home with some baby chicks (males) and fresh eggs for mom to cook.. That will fix dad and his nerf gun.
its a winning move. They keep the chicks and now are chicken folks or they bring then back and you keep the chicks they have named but they have to come take care of their chicks and see when their new pets lay their first egg. you have an opportunity to befriend the kids. don't pass it up. Neighborhood kids protect their own.

O. That is so not ok, just coming over and shooting at your animals. Even if your rooster was annoying that is absolutely no reason to trespass and injure your animals, even if not physically, like chickens, just living a happy normal day, and them WHAM kids are suddenly shooting them with nerf guns, and just imagine the sad/terrified thoughts going through their little heads, humans have cared for them their whole lives and now some little rotters come and use them as live targets? NO.
And if you find their dad did tell them to come over and terrorize your innocent little birds, then he's a rotter too.
Sorry, I'm really mad.
1599931179280.gif

I would immediately talk to their dad, and if he doesn't do anything about it, or says your rooster is annoying and you should get rid of him, then you should get reinforcements.

Oh and please don't get rid of your rooster, he didn't do anything wrong, and if it's allowed where you live then why should you get rid of him?

Back
Top Bottom