Nervous first time hatcher with...Egg hatched!! But no others are?

I'm sure I have asked this before, but I am so nervous and worried that I have to make sure.
My one and only pipped egg was found this morning at 9 AM, it is still hardly anywhere near hatching and its currently 6:36 Pm.
I can hear the baby peeping and adorably it responds to my voice already!
Anyway, when should I really start to worry?
The egg is pipped, it has made a nice little hole and knocked a little bit of shell off, but that is it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hatched 6 eggs just over a week ago, and the first two hatched at 24 and 27 hours post pip.

The general rule of thumb is not to fret until it's been 24 hours since pip.

Waiting 24 hrs is a good rule of thumb. Find a good informational thread if you plan to help. I have helped, and had good results. Sometimes a chick is glued in place and can't turn to zip. Many reasons. I only hatch a few so everyone counts. GL

Ok, ill try not to fret and after 24 hours then what should I do?
You said you had a hatch 27 hours later once?

I have looked around, however I am not used to the new search section.
Do you know of any good ones that I can read?

Yeah, it went a good 27 hours. I've only had two hatches, and from what I've seen, it's usually at the very least 12 hours from pip to zip.

I'm not sure if there's any good thread on it, but that's my personal experience.

Oh and does the egg having a really white Membrane have anything to do with the hatch delay? I was told it could?

My little baby hatched!!! yay! *watches everyone role there eyes at the noob...*
But so far non of the other eggs that I have candled and checked to make sure were fertile are even pipped? Is that normal? And when should i start to worry about them?

I know how you feel. Today is 'hatch day' for me and last night I saw one of the eggs moving. It is a very exciting and somewhat stressful time.

I have read that some people leave the eggs 3 days (and sometimes more) beyond your calculated hatch day. We never know what kind of temp/humidity fluctuations have affected development and delay their hatch. It may be just a slower bird. There's no harm in letting the incubator ride for awhile and see what happens. We can't do anything for them before they pip anyway.

I would set up the brooder and get it ready to transfer that chick when it's fluffed and ready to eat/drink and let the rest do their thing. I myself am doing just that and don't plan to move anything till at least Sunday.

My little baby hatched!!! yay! *watches everyone role there eyes at the noob...*
But so far non of the other eggs that I have candled and checked to make sure were fertile are even pipped? Is that normal? And when should i start to worry about them?

it seems I always have one "early bird" who has to beat everyone else out.. then fusses at the others to hurry up and hatch..

actually my "early bird" just hatched this morning.. lol

Back
Top Bottom