Nervous Nellie, New to chickens and to BYC

cornishhen

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 10, 2014
Ohio
Hi!

After years of researching raising chickens, I finally took the plunge and have my first dozen three-week old chicks in a brooder in my garage. BYC has been my favorite resource thus far, so I decided to join this community to learn more and share what I have learned with others. I'm nervous about this new adventure, but am also looking forward to the experience and sharing it with other chicken enthusiasts!

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
Good luck with your poultry raising adventures, and I hope you find everything you need to know. Don't forget to take a look at BYC's very useful learning center (If you haven't already)! The learning center as well as the forum should answer your questions! Glad to have you here! See you around the forum.

images

Welcome to BYC!

It is normal to be a nervous nellie at first! I still get nervous with new chicks and get up at midnight to check on them. Every sound in the night wakes me up. LOL

Definitely follow the link to the learning center that Kelsie left for you. Lots of good reading there that will help settle your mind. Welcome to our flock and enjoy your new babies!

Back
Top Bottom