nest boxes

Hey Ezziemae! You have my avatar!
jawsmiley.gif
I made our nest boxes 13x13 x14.

We had planned to build ours, but my husband found really nice metals ones on Craigs list for $25.00---The interesting thing is they use them but just a couple of the nests (there are 12) but their all time favorite and the one they fight over is an old plastic storage bin......I don't even remember why we put it in the coop but they LOVE it. Go figure.......

Yes, a plastic storage bin.....High sides, much lower front with no top, bought at the dollar store to store potatoes......Chickies are strange.......
38728_017.jpg
[/img]
38728_06-25-09_1656.jpg

I too used milk crates! This is when I first got my birds, ( 3 weeks ago) they were a bit beat up, but are looking better all the time! I assume they are feeling better as I'm getting 5 eggs a day from 6 hens and have actually gotten 6 eggs a few times. But this seems to be working just fine for them, one hen likes to lay her egss on top of the crates. I have a board over the top and keep hay on there too. I'm glad to learn all the time from this site!

62227_nesting_boxes.jpg

Quote:
lau.gif
oh my goodness!!!great minds think alike!!!!

I was an animal behaviorist for more years that I like to tell anymore (it gives away my age), specializing in felines
onion049.gif
. It was just so appropriate for me! Its my screen saver too.

Back
Top Bottom