Nest building going on

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by OzawkieBantams, Mar 5, 2011.

1. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Been watching my birds today seeing one gathering twigs . One is in the nest another keeps driving this bird too the coop, not real sure why the bird gathering is obviously paired right ? SO looks like I will be getting some squab soon. How long you think it will be ?

Daren

2. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Not sure about when but goodluck! It sounds like they are definitely paired !
    [​IMG]
    -Mark

3. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Songster

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    my cocks go into the nest bowl and make a weird noise and then the hens come to see what the ruckus is, i'm new at breeding pigeons so i'm learning a lot really fast, just waiting for babies, have everybody set up and 3 pairs on eggs

4. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Songster

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    Driving and calling hens to the nest is part of courtship right before egg laying. You'll have eggs in about a week or two. They'll hatch after 18 days.

5. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. kelliepulido

kelliepulido Songster

Mar 18, 2008
    st.john's mi
    good luck lett us knw when you get eggs.I have 1 egg last night after dark the hen was sitting don't know if another egg had been layed or not

7. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Songster

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    I think I might have some eggs ....... I am one bird short ,and the shy bird is hiding in the coop.

8. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Songster

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I just acquired about 60 pigeons . Iranian highflyers, high flyers, tipplers, turbits and rollers , fantails and racing homers . I have had some as long as twoweeks and some as 2 Days. Today I found the first nest . It belongs to a pair of Iranian highflyers . There was only one egg so either Monday or Tuesday depending on when egg #1 was laid

The hen is black andwhite and the cock is white white red patches .

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: