Nest pad wet with gelatinous liquid

They have oyster shells available. What does the Tums do? I wish I knew which one did it for sure. Sneaky little things
it gives added calcium too, I think that the most recommended one is calcium citrate, @azygous can give you information on that better than I can as haven't really used it.

We all learn and help each other out, so we don't stress as bad knowing someone usually has learned answers to help when someone else doesn't know or who to tag if we don't know. That is what is so great about this community

Yes, it very much sounds like a new layer hiccup from the reproductive track coming online and working out its' kinks, that should resolve itself... IF you are providing adequate nutrition. :)

Your eggs are beautiful, congrats on your new layer! :love
They get Flock Raiser because of the ducks and treats 1or 2 times a day (flax seeds, BOSS , lettuce, cabbage, meal worms, watermelon, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, pasta, rice , alfalfa ) plus they free range. I think they’re pretty spoiled.

They get Flock Raiser because of the ducks and treats 1or 2 times a day (flax seeds, BOSS , lettuce, cabbage, meal worms, watermelon, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, pasta, rice , alfalfa ) plus they free range. I think they’re pretty spoiled.
well that much treating will unbalance their diet and can affect them, Treats should not exceed 10% of the feed they get in a day. and don't see calcium source listed at all

it gives added calcium too, I think that the most recommended one is calcium citrate, @azygous can give you information on that better than I can as haven't really used it.

We all learn and help each other out, so we don't stress as bad knowing someone usually has learned answers to help when someone else doesn't know or who to tag if we don't know. That is what is so great about this community
This community is very unique. Glad to be part of it. I did learn quite bit just by reading through the forums.

Noooo it’s just a little bit 1 or twice a day depending on what I have in the refrigerator. They don’t get all of that at once.
oh ok lol, sorry lacking caffeine and in pain here with it cold and raining, vbut you still need to have osyster shell or give the hens Calcium in some form to help them get the kinks worked out faster

Once you start getting more eggs, you can actually use their eggshells as their calcium supplement. I put mine on a pan on 250 degrees for about an hour then I let them cool. Once they are cool I crush them up and I put them inside of a mason jar. I give my girls at least a mason jar filled every week (about 2 cups). They really like the eggshells, mine don't like oyster shells so I found this method for them on BYC.

Back
Top Bottom