Nesting boxes

tsperry88

Songster
Mar 30, 2020
Fredericksburg, VA
I'm finishing up my coop and am wondering if the perch I put in front of my upper nesting boxes is necessary. It makes reaching into the bottom nesting boxes slightly more difficult. I plan to make curtains, which is the reason for the perch. I thought it would make getting into the boxes easier.

Attachments

• IMG_20200528_134904.jpg
    IMG_20200528_134904.jpg
    521 KB · Views: 16
As long as the nest perch is lower that the roosts they will not likely sleep on it.
Perch may be unnecessary but I like them, allows the birds easier access, they like to shop before committing to a nest, keeps them from flying up into a nest that may be occupied.
Curtains are unnecessary...they don't need 'dark' they just need 'safe'....if they feel safe they are good to go.

As long as the nest perch is lower that the roosts they will not likely sleep on it.
Perch may be unnecessary but I like them, allows the birds easier access, they like to shop before committing to a nest, keeps them from flying up into a nest that may be occupied.
Curtains are unnecessary...they don't need 'dark' they just need 'safe'....if they feel safe they are good to go.
What is the difference between a “nest perch” and a “roost”. Thx

Back
Top Bottom