nesting boxes

hay is the only thing ive ever used and your right they love making the little nests but i have an over abundance of leaves between all the neighbors yards that i suck up their leaves for them and pile them up to use in the run. im thinking about trying that in the boxes

Whatever you can get the little buggars to lay in...

We use straw, My mother used shredded paper, lots of folks use pine shavings, some use 'mats of some sort'. My mother told me to have something different from the floor material, so they don't make nests on the floor. We have pine shavings on the floor and had 45 acres of barley, so I went with straw in mine. They seem to like it.

ok cool i will try and use some straw and or leaves mabe put something different in every box and figure out what they like the best

Quote:
Most important thing in raising chickens is having fun (you and chickens). Ain't nothing at all wrong with giving them options and a little variety to keep them out of the liquor cabinet and away from the poker tables.

Quote:
Most important thing in raising chickens is having fun (you and chickens). Ain't nothing at all wrong with giving them options and a little variety to keep them out of the liquor cabinet and away from the poker tables.

haha your right its all in having fun i do enjoy them i just have to spend more time on this website to learn about them than i get to spend with them because i am a firefighter i work 24 hour shifts at a time so i have a lot of time for studying them but then i have two days off inbetween shifts to enjoy them so i cant complain too much haha

Back
Top Bottom