nesting boxes

Here is what we did. It was simple to make and easy to clean. The hens seem to love it too. We did add 2X4 around the edges and put straw in the top portion to keep it clean. The hens like to perch on top of the nest boxes and up in the rafters so we put straw down with a catch so that it looks nicer.

100_2334.jpg

100_2330.jpg

Last edited:
I bought plastic storage drawers at Lowes. I lined them up next to each other. The hens went straight to them. They are easy to clean.

you have silver laced polish lucky i want silver laced polish hen i have but its a boy and my friend going to take him because i live in the city and i can only have hens=( and i cant find any in oklahoma

I actually have two SLP.

and

Cochin, brahma, orps, BLRW, RIR, EE, SLW, BR, Austrolope, Fayoumi, and some others I can't think of right know.

I will say that the polish are all sweet and loving to humans but they did a number on my BR. Don't ever turn your back on them.
wink.png

Mine are 18 inches off the floor and everyone can get into them just fine. I have giant cochins, polish and serama's and they all can get up there. We did add more of a roost on to the front and they like that much better.
They are 12x12x14

nestbox.jpg

nestbox2.jpg

scrapmom5 said
I actually have two SLP.

and

Cochin, brahma, orps, BLRW, RIR, EE, SLW, BR, Austrolope, Fayoumi, and some others I can't think of right know.

I will say that the polish are all sweet and loving to humans but they did a number on my BR. Don't ever turn your back on them.

you are so lucky i want some
sad.png
and what br

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom