1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Nesting

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by SassyKat6181, Sep 9, 2010.

1. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    I think I'm nesting [​IMG] The brooder is all set and I can't get away from BYC.....my chicks aren't coming for another 8 days! I'm already addicted and they're not here yet, does this happen to everyone? Chicken Fever?

2. nifty50chick

nifty50chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2010
    [​IMG] Welcome! oh yeah, you've got it. it's OK, your among your own kind here! [​IMG] lol

3. Armageddon

Armageddon Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Southern California
    [​IMG]

Welcome...the crazies here will have you hooked in NO time!! In January of this year I had NO chickens....Today I have 44 and one in my bra!! LOL!

What are you getting??? Don't forget to post pics when your babies come!!!!
    [​IMG]

4. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    Quote:[​IMG]

My husband thinks I'm crazy for spending all my time on the computer reading about chickens [​IMG] Not that I have much time with a 3yr old and 4 mo old. I am getting 6 Barred Rock and 6 Black Sexlink. I wanted ones that would be friendly with my children and also provide us eggs. At first I told him I wanted maybe 4-5 and the number kept going up. I figured 12 was a good number....hoping for a dozen a day. [​IMG] I am so excited already, I can see myself ordering more in the spring, just don't tell my husband.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by