Neurodivergent chicken keepers

I don't know why I haven't looked at metal fidget toys before! Especially considering I use a metal Slinky as a fidget toy! The texture of rubber/silicon grosses me out and I avoid all fidget/sensory toys made of them. I may have to get myself some of these metal ones...

I am of a generation in which nobody ever got diagnosed with anything but I always felt a bit different and out of step and now wonder if I am not "on the spectrum" myself, it would explain so much. I am, for example, very sensitive to tactile sensations, so much so that I wear gloves when cooking, as I don't like the feel of raw meat on my bare hands.

I am of a generation in which nobody ever got diagnosed with anything but I always felt a bit different and out of step and now wonder if I am not "on the spectrum" myself, it would explain so much. I am, for example, very sensitive to tactile sensations, so much so that I wear gloves when cooking, as I don't like the feel of raw meat on my bare hands.
Diagnosis has improved by leaps and bounds since you and I were kids. if you think you might benefit from finding out and learning ways to maybe help yourself (if needed), it can't hurt to go get tested.

Diagnosis has improved by leaps and bounds since you and I were kids. if you think you might benefit from finding out and learning ways to maybe help yourself (if needed), it can't hurt to go get tested.
Thanks. Eh, I don't know what it would help. I'm about to turn 70. Most of the people in my life have learned to put up with me. I'm content. 😉

Back
Top Bottom