Neurological disorder?

TheOLDNewChick

I'm an original
12 Years
Jun 12, 2007
Tioga, Louisiana
Okay. I think I may have my first neurological disorder case. It's one of the ones that I've had a problem with in this hatchery shipment. Anyway. The thing starts scratching itself like crazy, then falls over onto it's back and starts kicking and chirping really loud, then lays REALLY still for a few minutes, then hops back up, is fine, then repeats the process. What the heck? It's almost like a seizure of some sort. And I don't want to cull if there's some way she might make it...any ideas / suggestions? When she's up and about she's perfectly fine. Then she starts scratching and kicking and what all...

It is imperative that shipped chicks receive electrolytes/vitamins when they arrive (the feed stores usually have the brand DURVET if you did not choose to order the GROGEL with your hatchery shipment).
If there is any possibility that they have gotten or become chilled along the way you must first ensure that you warm them up first before giving anything.
Polyvisol Enfamil (unflavored) can be given three drops in beak once a day for a week.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom